My thoughts on the Nox 800..

NoxDude

Elite Member
Hey Guys,

So I have been using the 800 for a while now. I have to say that this rig really is a winner in my book. Today for example, I went to a school that I have been to many many times over the years. It was pretty much hunted out using the ATPRO. I went back there today using my nox 800. This time I only had my profile set for quarters and dimes. With it balanced and calibrated, and set for park1, I started my hunt. In almost 4 hours time, I was able to pull in $21.27!!! I was completely amazed and shocked! I went to a very trashy area and it performed like a champ. No sounds coming from the 800 except those dimes and quarters. I would have stayed longer but I got very tired and 4 hours was my limit. I will have to go back there to finish what I started. I can then try to find those rings. Getting close to the $1,300 in clad mark!! I am looking forward on trying out the beaches out here. I need to get a sand scoop so I can get out there in the water to give it try. Nox 800 or 600 is highly recommended!!

Happy Hunting!

ATProNox Dude! lolol

Last edited:
I agree with you ‘Dude

I’ve had similar experiences at several places I hunted heavily with an AT. My 800 is pulling silver out of places where I never even found a wheatie before. Yea, I gotta dig deeper holes, but i have much more confidence in this machine. I really like the ability to adjust tone and volume for each target zone. I don’t dig as much trash as I used to, but still spend a lot of time digging.

I’ve also noticed a decrease in the number of shallow targets compared to what I used to find after public events. I chalk it up to the age of the debit card—fewer people making cash transactions. Gotta look deeper!

I’ve had similar experiences at several places I hunted heavily with an AT. My 800 is pulling silver out of places where I never even found a wheatie before. Yea, I gotta dig deeper holes, but i have much more confidence in this machine. I really like the ability to adjust tone and volume for each target zone. I don’t dig as much trash as I used to, but still spend a lot of time digging.

I’ve also noticed a decrease in the number of shallow targets compared to what I used to find after public events. I chalk it up to the age of the debit card—fewer people making cash transactions. Gotta look deeper!

Right on! Glad your having positive success too! The school I went to today. Most of the quarter targets were deeper too! Very few were close to the surface. It must be the multi freq or something like that. Yes, the volume control is nice. The atp did not have that feature. Need to head back to the schools again. Its a bummer that is only on the weekends. That seems to be where the money is right now. I will just have to head back to the parks now.

I have both the 600 and 800 Noxes. I use the 600 with the factory coil and put a 6" coil on my 800. I take both detectors along with me on a hunt. The 6" coil is a coin killer for me. My ATP is semi retired now as the Nox is finding items the ATP wasn't finding. I tweak the detectors per conditions at the site I'm hunting as I only dig dirt. HH & GL

Excellent report! Especially since you have been a grand Master Mega Clad Hammerer with the AtPro!

I am experiencing the same thing..taking the NOX to places I know really well that have paid off big in the past and am amazed at all the coins I missed! :laughing:

Nice job Jason.....I told you and was just posting to Mud what a great machine it is. I knew you would like it if you gave it a try.

Get yourself a STEALTH scoop. I have the 720i tube. Great heavy duty scoop. They are pricey but are guaranteed for life ! Im heading back over to Maine and New Hampshire next weekend beach hunting. Suppose to be some half way decent minus tides. Keep at it man !....HH

Excellent report! Especially since you have been a grand Master Mega Clad Hammerer with the AtPro!

I am experiencing the same thing..taking the NOX to places I know really well that have paid off big in the past and am amazed at all the coins I missed! :laughing:

Mud you crack me up every time!! hahaha!! MMCH, Is that my new name?? I give the atp machine a ton of credit for finding a ton of clad over the years. Now it is time to introduce the Nox800. I have it set to find quarters and dimes for now. That's it. Amazing complete elimination of trashing sounds to where only the highest tones come through!!

I like to change my name if possible. Noxdude? LOL!

Nice job Jason.....I told you and was just posting to Mud what a great machine it is. I knew you would like it if you gave it a try.

Get yourself a STEALTH scoop. I have the 720i tube. Great heavy duty scoop. They are pricey but are guaranteed for life ! Im heading back over to Maine and New Hampshire next weekend beach hunting. Suppose to be some half way decent minus tides. Keep at it man !....HH

Thanks Andy! Yes indeed! Truly an amazing machine! Must be the multi freq that is really finding the clad?? Mostly hunt the quarters and dimes. Those are my go too. Always have been over the years. I have not been to my honey hole yet. The place where it all started. I have found close to $1,000 in clad over the years and 7 gold / 10 silver rings! I am waiting for it to fill up and then I go in for the harvest!!

Are you also going to try to get into the water too? I am thinking about getting a pair of waders to get out there at least half way deep in the water. I will look into the STEALTH scoop. Carbon Fiber handle??

Good luck out there in New Hampshire and Maine! Hope you catch the big one!!

Back
Top Bottom