I bought an AT Pro

MytBrednec

I haven't been on the forum much lately, or even metal detecting very much for that matter. You guys know how it is, life gets in the way. A couple of years ago I bought a Tesoro DeLeon and started this hobby. There are a couple of empty lots across the street that had two shotgun shacks on them when I was a kid. The shacks had been torn down and burnt around 1980. I have pounded those lots with my Tesoro. I had been wanting to do some water detecting, so I bought an AT Pro. It arrived and of course I had to give it a whirl right away, so I headed across the street to these same two small lots that I was certain couldn't have many good items left on them. I had pulled quite a few wheaties, a couple of silver dimes, a silver spoon, a couple of silver and one tiny little gold ring, a butt load of old cap guns, toy cars etc. As the attached pictures will attest, there are still things to be found. I won't go so far as to say that the AT Pro is a better detector than the Tesoro, but I definitely had swung the Tesoro over these items before. I have to say that the machine has impressed me in the couple of hours that I have had a chance to swing it! Another silver spoon, a Mercury dime, a 1962 Rosie as well as some other cool stuff, not all of which is pictured! And the square object with the hole is a Colorado 1\5 cent sales tax token!

Attachments

• metal2.jpg
    metal2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 457
  • metal1.jpg
    metal1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 405
  • metal3.jpg
    metal3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Good to see you back out hunting and posting! Wondered what happened to you! Nice work! That Pro is a bonafide rig for all sorts of hunting! Just the All Weather feature alone will open up some situations for you!

Thanks guys, with my twins starting 1st grade and me accepting a different job back in December, my swinging time has been greatly disrupted. Until I took the new position, my days off were during the week. Now I have a more normal schedule with weekends off. That gives me more time to spend with my boys, but doesn't allow as much hobby time as I used to have. Oh well, some sacrifices are well worth it!
And I am loving the AT Pro. :D
Shawn

Nice finds, I recently sold my deleon and bought an at pro too. So far I like it. I'm digging more junk but I think that will improve over time. Good luck with your new machine and job!

Congrats on your purchase. I am a 5 year user of the At Pro and have nothing bad to say at all. I have found countless jewelry and thousands in clad over 5 years. Its a great land/water machine. I did recently buy a NOX 600 so that gets a little more use these days BUT if im going to a trashy park or something I bring the Pro with the 5x8 coil. Its a deadly combo....Enjoy !

Back
Top Bottom