AT Pro for prospecting ????

Astronut

How does the At PRO work for prospecting? I know they make a gold model also BUT I want a detector that can do most everything in one detector. Will this detector perform in the prospecting mode?? I am interested in prospecting mode for any size nuggets. Feedback appreciated greatly.

yes but its better with the smaller coil for prospecting unless your going to the ocean you might be better with the at gold its great on coins and gold you could probably find one used in your area or get a deal from a sponsor

The ATP will work for nuggets , but bear in mind the nuggets need to be atleast a certain size. ( someone said a little bigger than a match head ) The ATG should be better for prospecting because of the higher frequency and smaller stock coil , and many people use them for coin shooting and general purpose detecting as well.

Even the AT gold isn't one of the best gold detectors , but its designed to work better than the Pro for that purpose. I would not want to depend on the Pro for gold prospecting.

BUT I want a detector that can do most everything in one detector.

The AT Pro will definitely find gold nuggets, but if I was looking to buy a all around "do everything" detector, can afford to spend a bit more and was only going to spend my money once, I'd wait a bit and see what the reports are on the new Equinox 800. Dealers have been taking pre-orders since Sep 16, so it may take a bit to get stock levels are to the point where you can get one. In the mean time you can read the reviews and watch the videos by those who get them first. I expect a release date announcement is going to be made this month or early Jan at the latest.

Back
Top Bottom