• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1835 capped bust half dime

Chefjuan

Elite Member
Hello all!! Hope your 2017 is starting off like mine!

Welp, here she is. Dug this morning in a "hunted out" park.

No such thing and I think most of you know that.
6dd041be0d5861d7f7ebab76a4c8f2de.jpg
95566cbc04afe5e428e26a7c6560c048.jpg
c7d5a3ced3dfaa74351ca5865beb0a82.jpg

Woo hoo!! I hope y'all don't mind me posting this in the eye popping mine blowing section , it sure got my attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible find! We need details now lol how deep was it? Did you know you were digging a silver half dime? Do you need a new hunting partner? :laughing: congrats!

Incredible find! We need details now lol how deep was it? Did you know you were digging a silver half dime? Do you need a new hunting partner? :laughing: congrats!

First of all I should be asking you that Cellr! Secondly to answer your questions:

How deep: about 6-7" was in clay so didn't sink very far

Did I know I was digging a silver half dime:
Lol of course not! Who would imagine that in their plug?! I actually thought it was going to be rusty iron. But it had a sweet tone every third swing.

The site I was at is an old park, very small old park. I believe their used to be an old home there before it was a park and it burned down. The ground is really "hot" with a lot of hot rocks (coal/charcoal) and melted metal chunks. It's tough digging, I like that kind of place. It discourages the faint of heart.

I went at it low and slow and listened for decent deep signals and it paid off. I had no idea that I would find something that old however. I will be returning. There has to be a large cent in there somewhere!

Thanks cellrdweller!!! I'll meet with you anytime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is crisp! Like others said, put it in a case! Congrats!

Man thats an eyepopper alright! Great write up about the conditions and how you worked that signal out of the clay! Congratulations Chefjuan!

Previous posts suggest putting it in a case....
Looks to me like you FOUND some sort of case, opened it and discovered that coin. Man the detail is incredible!
Congrats

Incredible find. Incredible condition! Incredible hunt! Congratulations shes a beauty!

Don't blame you for wanting to put it in this section.:D That is one beautiful coin and in great condition.:yes: Congratulations on an outstanding find !!

Back
Top Bottom