Propointer vs Propointer AT

That's pretty impressive. This may be my next pinpointer when they finally start getting them in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by the looks of that video, i can sell my At Pro and just tie the PP-At to a stick and use it as my main detector, lol. :lol:
but seriously, that is impressive indeed! :yes:

Do that test away from all of the surrounding metals and the wall board, especially the fire extinguisher. Also, how old is that original ProPointer?

Do that test away from all of the surrounding metals and the wall board, especially the fire extinguisher. Also, how old is that original ProPointer?

Exactly. I think on the high sensitivity setting, he was picking up other objects, or they were 'supertuning' the PPAT. I don't get nearly that distance on a quarter. However, when I air tested, I held the pinpointer stationary in a face up position and slowly lowered the quarter towards it. I made sure I was away from any other metal objects.

1. The NJ plate was on my fathers '72 Honda CB 175

2.The original Propointer is about two years old.

3. I swung the pointers around a bit to make sure I was not picking up any other objects. This was the same exact results I got in the field last week without the video camera. The AT was used in the condition that I took it out of the box.

Like I said elsewhere, I do not hold stock in Garrett and I do not care what name is on my equipment. (See signature) This thing has impressed me to the point of posting a video and raving about it.

1. The NJ plate was on my fathers '72 Honda CB 175

2.The original Propointer is about two years old.

3. I swung the pointers around a bit to make sure I was not picking up any other objects. This was the same exact results I got in the field last week without the video camera. The AT was used in the condition that I took it out of the box.

Like I said elsewhere, I do not hold stock in Garrett and I do not care what name is on my equipment. (See signature) This thing has impressed me to the point of posting a video and raving about it.

I usually test like papaharley, holding the pointer stationary and bringing in the target, or lay it flat on a ruler or paper with inch marks.

Thanks for your patience. Can you do one more test. Stand up while holding the pointer out at arms length and bring in the quarter toward the pointer tip. If that pointer you have still shows depth near 5 inches, you either have a special unit or Garretts is dropping the ball by not putting this in their sales brochure.

I would seriously buy one in a NY minute if the standard depth, guaranteed, is over 4 inches at max. That's been my goal in my pinpointer search. I will even settle for a "guaranteed" 3" with side detection, without the sliding nickel, pinpointer.

I hope to hear more stories from other users showing this kind of performance. I need one ;-)

No problem. I like mine as well. I'm just interested in your test because it seems to exceed what most of us are experiencing with the PPAT. I was hoping to rule out anything that might skew the results. Sometimes a variable exists and the tester isn't aware of it.

In any case, it's good to have a waterproof pinpointer. My only loyalty to Garrett is that they are physically within a short drive and I feel like any problems I might have can be handled quicker because I don't have to include back and forth shipping delays.

Happy Hunting,

Papa

LOL, all those pistons on your bench reminds me of the beginning of this movie... Worlds Fastest Indian "Offerings to the God of speed"

True story!

That old codger's record still stands today!

<*)))>{

Yeah, I do like to keep junk around. especially motor related junk! I really like the shrine in that video! We just had our pinewood derby recently and my welder buddy actually made the first place trophy out of some of my beat pistons. Pretty cool.

As for the video that I posted:
Papaharley: I performed the test like you asked and got a consistent 2 3/4" with the clad quarter at #3 sensitivity. I set my experiment up again to make a video of the two tests side by side. I then scrapped the new video, because I could not duplicate the results from the original video I posted yesterday. Same spot, same setup and I only got the 2 3/4" on that test.

I promise that there was no intention to mislead anyone or create a stir. Again, I am not a loyalist to any brand. Yesterday's results were not doctored in any way and I cannot explain what happened from one day to another. Maybe the steroids wore off!:shock:

In closing: The AT is my goto now. Water/mudproof and very capable. It is worth every penny in my opinion even without the 5" range.

As for the video that I posted:
Papaharley: I performed the test like you asked and got a consistent 2 3/4" with the clad quarter at #3 sensitivity. I set my experiment up again to make a video of the two tests side by side. I then scrapped the new video, because I could not duplicate the results from the original video I posted yesterday. Same spot, same setup and I only got the 2 3/4" on that test.

I promise that there was no intention to mislead anyone or create a stir. Again, I am not a loyalist to any brand. Yesterday's results were not doctored in any way and I cannot explain what happened from one day to another. Maybe the steroids wore off!:shock:

In closing: The AT is my goto now. Water/mudproof and very capable. It is worth every penny in my opinion even without the 5" range.

Rest assured, I personally never thought you were trying to mislead anyone. I noticed that you were holding the pinpointed in your left hand. Were you by chance wearing a wedding ring? I heard the pinpointer briefly pick up on something when you switched to level 3 sensitivity in your video. But because your hand was out of frame I couldn't tell what that might be.

Maybe you accidentally discovered the hidden level 4 button sequence! :D

Was the falsing issue ever resolved with the pro pointer? possibly same thing happen to this new one?

Nah, no wedding band on a work day. The falsing definitely seems to be gone. When using it at a old foundation last week, I could jam it down through the dirt without a peep.

Back
Top Bottom