Newbie Question

cdavid46

I am really trying to convince myself to pull the trigger and buy a MD. It just crossed my mind that one brand might offer a longer shaft (head to coil distance) than another. I am about 6'5" and wonder if I need to practice stooping over or can I find a detector that is long enough to allow me to stand erect while detecting?

Anyone?

Not sure which ones do it but some detector companies offer a Tall Boy lower shaft. Check with some of the sponsors here.;)

I am really trying to convince myself to pull the trigger and buy a MD. It just crossed my mind that one brand might offer a longer shaft (head to coil distance) than another. I am about 6'5" and wonder if I need to practice stooping over or can I find a detector that is long enough to allow me to stand erect while detecting?

Anyone?

Yes several have a tall shaft you can purchase separate. Holler if I can help.

I'm 5'11 usebmy omega at the 2nd or 3rd from last hole depending on angle or coil used, or shoulder pain, many detectors have the option to buy a lower leg right when buying, like $20 or so

At 2nd to last at 5'11 if you were to draw a triangle my foot to the coil being the bottom, id say its about 35-42° at the top ^ on the 3rd last hole about 15-20°
This is with original lower leg not a tall boy and a 3pc shaft design of the omega
Hope my example makes sense

Many thanks for the replies! I kinda figured there must be some option for us guys that are longer than wider! :lol:

Whites

Makes a tall man rod, I bought one 6ft 3 mistake, your 6ft 5 it will work for you, also wait Whites is coming out with 3 new machines , happy hunting Earl

Not advertising for them, but, Kellyco has a side by side comparison feature. The have ALL the detectors on their site, and they list thise kind of Info. Or you could call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the help. As soon as my trigger finger and my budget align, I will be ordering my first MD. Hope to be posting lots of treasure pics soon afterward!

Back
Top Bottom