Big upgrade this year... Need advise.

Theo112

So I've been using an AT Pro for this past season, and love this machine. I mostly hunt trashy parks, ball fields, and basketball courts. I've been successful this this season finding my fair share of silver and gold. I set out planning to dig lots of junk in search of gold, and have even tracked my Pull tab to Gold ratio. Problem is I'm ready to upgrade to a truly professional machine, and have my heart set on the Minelab CTX 3030. Any advise from current users would be greatly appreciated, as I know this is a huge investment. I'm in need of a machine with excellent seperation in the trash. Water proof is nice plus, as I plan on getting the river and lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you get into the rivers and lakes with your At-Pro and maybe get a cheaper land machine if you really want to upgrade?

A lot of At-Pro users are happy with their choice and don't feel the need to upgrade.

The CTX will probably get you a bit deeper and better target separation on land but in my opinion it is not worth the money, especially with the cost of repairs after the warranty has expired. AND with Minelab raising their prices all the time, I think you are paying for a lot of hype.

Keep the AT Pro for water hunting and get the E-Trac for land use. Many more coils availble at a fraction of the cost of the CTX and both machines are compairable in depth and the E-trac has better tones for silver IMO. I forgot to say with the cost difference you will have an extra $ grand $ to buy what ever else you want !:yes:

Thanks guys. I won't be getting rid of my AT Pro as I love this machine. I've looked at the E-Track but was thinking the 3030 is a much more responsive and feature packed machine.

tough to beat that 3030, huh? It's like the cadillac of detectors lol. That being said, have you considered any of the higher end Fishers? Those with the F70/F75 machines say they'll never use anything else.

Thanks guys. I won't be getting rid of my AT Pro as I love this machine. I've looked at the E-Track but was thinking the 3030 is a much more responsive and feature packed machine.

The V3i is tough to beat for parks as well, but for $1,000 less i'd get an E-trac over a CTX, hell I'd buy an E-trac and a CZ21 for water hunting for about the same price as a CTX. :D

So I've been using an AT Pro for this past season, and love this machine. I mostly hunt trashy parks, ball fields, and basketball courts. I've been successful this this season finding my fair share of silver and gold. I set out planning to dig lots of junk in search of gold, and have even tracked my Pull tab to Gold ratio. Problem is I'm ready to upgrade to a truly professional machine, and have my heart set on the Minelab CTX 3030. Any advise from current users would be greatly appreciated, as I know this is a huge investment. I'm in need of a machine with excellent seperation in the trash. Water proof is nice plus, as I plan on getting the river and lakes.

Theo feel free to give me a ringl I use all of those and can tell you the perks on all of them. Be glad to help! Thanks, Bart!

tough to beat that 3030, huh? It's like the cadillac of detectors lol. That being said, have you considered any of the higher end Fishers? Those with the F70/F75 machines say they'll never use anything else.

Skwerly, I hadn't even considered a Fisher. Looks like I have plenty of homework before I pull the trigger. Thank you.:?:

Theo feel free to give me a ringl I use all of those and can tell you the perks on all of them. Be glad to help! Thanks, Bart!

I'll be sure and call you Bart. I bought my AT Pro from you, and won't even look anywhere else. Thank you. Y'all are the best in the business.

I'd watch a few (see: you'll get lost in a time warp and waste three days :D) videos on youtube about each detector you are interested in. Really, IMO, you can hardly go wrong with the choices you are considering.

I basically do the exact same hunting as you. I hunt usually really iron infested areas or trashy areas and I also love the option to be able to hunt the beach and/or wading. At first I has 2 machines, I had my AT Pro and my F75, but then I decided that with my bad back, etc. that wading was to hard on my back so I switched over to JUST the Whites V3i and I absolutely loved it, but it ended up being just a bit to heavy for me and my doctor wanted me to get a lighter machine, so just recently I upgraded to the XP Deus WS5 and although im a newb when it comes to the XP Deus, I CAN tell you that I love the ability to have a super powerful machine at the lightest possible weight for a detector, PLUS I have the waterproof kit for it so I can go wading every once in awhile if I wanted too.

@GetDiggen... Thank you so much for your insight. I like the Deus as well. My thoughts are if I'm going to upgrade to a high end machine than I might as well get the best I can afford. I still love my AT Pro, and its payed for itself several times over. I would love to do the same with a, "next level machine."

May or may not be a broken thought process... I'm a tech geek and want to make the most out of my time digging holes.

Keep the ATPro for water and get either the CTX or the Deus if you can afford it.

Christmas silver merc had a nail sitting next to it and then 3 inches away was a wheat! CTX found 'em!

I have to second the Etrac here. Its an awesome detector and could save you a lot of $$$ plus the coils are not 400$ .. just something to think about.

Keep the ATPro for water and get either the CTX or the Deus if you can afford it.

Christmas silver merc had a nail sitting next to it and then 3 inches away was a wheat! CTX found 'em!

Were your Christmas finds with the stock coil Rob?

I have to second the Etrac here. Its an awesome detector and could save you a lot of $$$ plus the coils are not 400$ .. just something to think about.

+1 Yep, and there's a lot more of them to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom