Harnesses & Other support options

Mirlen

What are people's opinions on the various support options to take the weight of your detector off your arm? Things like Doc's Ultra Swingy Thingy ($50, Minelab's Pro-Swing 45 ($130), Original Detecting Buddy ($25), etc...

Have a CTX3030 coming with a 17" coil so that has me pondering some support help... :)

I purchased a new, three point, tactical weapons sling as a $25 solution from a local surplus store. Bungee, single point tactical weapons slings, imaged below, can also be had.

US1001_003_2013.jpg

In the case of the below image, I removed the butt stock attachment and all the time, leave the sling attached to our X-Terra, 705. I swing while using a set of SONY ear buds and the below sling doesn't interfere with the ear bud cables.

T3ps_001_new.1.jpg

As a neophyte, I have very little swinging experience but with what little experience I have, I'm very happy with the above recommended solution.

Just to be fair, as you suggested, Minelab has a much more expensive and sophisticated solution; the "Pro-swing 45."

If you intend to dirt hunt with the 17 inch coil you will need a harness that either detaches or has a bungee. Why? Because you need to lay the detector down to dig.

If you are only going to use the 17 inch coil on the beach you can use a sling like the one posted or this one

http://www.limbsaver.com/garden/metal_detector_sling.php

Beach hunting you will not lay the detector down. You can use the sling to take the weight off your swing and to just let the detector hang by your side.

We use a 3kHz, 15" Coiltek, WOT. Very nice. Makes for a through swing and overlap.

One has to love the convenience a sling adds to the overall process. As posted, with a sling, one doesn't have to wonder; "What do I do with the MD?"

The answer, just let go as the sling holds onto the MD for us. Way cool.

I decided to give the Pro-Swing 45 a try. Now I just need the hat and T-shirt and I will look like I completely drank all my Minelab KoolAide! :-P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pro-Swing 45 results ?

I would like to hear back how the 45 works. Let us know what difference it really made for you.

Back
Top Bottom