I'm Stuck On Three Silver Coins Per Hunt

beephead

Elite Member
It's about time for some bigger silver and more of them. I'm going to have to start thinking outside of box and come up with some really hot virgin sites to detect. Even though I'm only getting a few small silver coins per hunt, I'm still having fun.

I started the day off by going to a site that I've detected numerous times before to see if I could unearth one more silver coin. I after about hour or so I got my search coil over a 1953 Rosie. I don't know how I missed it before, but I sure did. The CTX is finding some stuff that my other detectors have missed.

Tired of that pounded site I decided to go back over another site that I've detected before. This time I wasn't so lucky, because all that I found were some clad coins. Lucky for me the lady next door who was leaving to go to church walked over to see what I doing. She was very nice and offered to let me to detect her front yard after we had a nice little chit chat.

The front the yard wasn't all the big, but it being fully shaded sure made for a nice pleasant hunt. I managed to find a 1951 Rosie dime and a 1944 Mercury dime, both were heavily tarnished. Most of the silver coins that I recover are nice and clean right out of the ground, but sometime I find them all grey looking.

Anyway it was getting around noon and I was ready to head for home. I'm getting where want to rest for 2 days between hunts. Especially when it starts to heat up.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpg
    IMG_2217.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2219.jpg
    IMG_2219.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2220.jpg
    IMG_2220.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2222.jpg
    IMG_2222.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 211
Nice finds Beep! You should try the 17” coil I’m finding deeper silvers in pounded public places with mine...

GOOD WORK! Love it when a neighbor welcomes you to hunt their property.
Thanks! There are some really nice trusing people out there. Letting someone who they just met detect their yard when they're leaving to go somewhere is really trusting. Especially in an area of town where there are a lot of break-ins and robberies.

Nice finds Beep! You should try the 17” coil I’m finding deeper silvers in pounded public places with mine...
Thanks! I'm sure that I want to swing something that big. How much deeper is it?

Great finds!
Thanks! I was thinking about you when that car kept coming by. Just a few weeks earlier in the same area, 2 guys jumped out of a car with guns and robbed a guy who was walking his dog. That happened on a fairly busy street. Where I was detecting, it was isolated.

3 silvers per hunt is not a bad problem to have. Lol congrats!
Thanks! Oh, I ain't complaining, I just want more.

+ 1..I totally agree
Thanks! I'm having a great time.

beephead

Thanks! There are some really nice trusing people out there. Letting someone who they just met detect their yard when they're leaving to go somewhere is really trusting. Especially in an area of town where there are a lot of break-ins and robberies.

Thanks! I'm sure that I want to swing something that big. How much deeper is it?

Thanks! I was thinking about you when that car kept coming by. Just a few weeks earlier in the same area, 2 guys jumped out of a car with guns and robbed a guy who was walking his dog. That happened on a fairly busy street. Where I was detecting, it was isolated.

Thanks! Oh, I ain't complaining, I just want more.

Thanks! I'm having a great time.

beephead

I’m not exactly sure how much deeper it is but it will definitely help with those on the fringe targets when using the stock coil. It really isn’t that bad to swing...

I’m not exactly sure how much deeper it is but it will definitely help with those on the fringe targets when using the stock coil. It really isn’t that bad to swing...

I have to agree, the 17"er is a great coil to find targets that may be slightly deeper. My example is, I pounded 2 areas with my CTX with the stock 11" running 2 different programs. Then I hit it again (this last weekend) with the 17" running primarily a custom program on the CTX and only found an additional Wheatie at those two sites. No silver.

The 17" can be a workout for the shoulder and arm and pinpointing can be a challenge if you don't have it dialed in just right (end up with big plugs or series of plugs). As for depth, the screen will frequently show 10", 11", 12" depths until you pinpoint and then the numbers drop to single digits. When you go to recover the target the actual depth is typically 2-3 inches off (either deeper or more shallow).

It is a great coil, but your results may vary.

Wish i had that problem of ONLY three silvers per hunt. I have found 3 silvers in the past two years.

You won't get any sympathy from me 3 a day is awesome! :laughing:
Oh have heart!

Thanks for the info.

Congrats on the silvers!
Thanks! I'm thinking about going tomorrow.

It's better than being stuck on 2 per hunt :laughing:. Congrats!
Thanks! Even worse, zero.

Wish i had that problem of ONLY three silvers per hunt. I have found 3 silvers in the past two years.
It's mostly about location. Finding good locations to detect comes with experience. I remember when I first started detecting, I couldn't find !!!!. lol

beephead

Thanks! How about a, 'bless your little heart'. lol

beephead

:D:D:D

I am really proud for you all joking aside !!! I know you work hard to find locations to find silver and you deserve an at-a-boy. I hope you get into some big silver soon !!! Happy Hunting.
Pesc

When i first started detecting i was finding silver coins quite frequently but in the past few years i can not seem to get the coil over silver no matter where i am detecting. Hope my luck changes soon.

Are you serious 3 Silver hunts a problem. A problem we all wish to have. congrats on the Rosie's and the Merc. Hope you do find a way to solve this dilemma. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom