Montana Silver! Best day EVAH!

Thank you all, appreciate the kind words! Went north to Missoula on Friday May 4th, did get 3 silver Rosies and a nice Sterling Ring, so was pleased with that. Someone else (or more than one person) is detecting Missoula, as we have run into curb strips that definitely have been hit before, along with visible plugs, as only a few modern coins and very few oldies are left. Private yards are definitely the best, and generate some excitement to see what might come out of the ground. Did a private yard recently where 3 generations of family were there for an anniversary. The whole crowd came out to watch me detect the front yard, some of the younger guys were very interested in detecting. I did get a copper Yellowstone Park souvenir pendant, a few Wheaties, lots of Memorials, an odd old Chinese coin, some toy cars. The owner of the property had a photo of himself at 5 years old, 1944, playing in the front yard of this house, so that was cool!

That was more than a solid weekend. Congrats on all that Silver, especially the 3 Standers and the Barber Quarter. Bet this will be a trip that stays in your memories for a long time. Trapper

Thank you Trapper, appreciate your comments! Yep, I think I will remember that weekend for sure. Most of the time, I do get decent stuff, but sometimes the buried coins win, and stay safe in their nests! Did a couple of short hunts here lately and zip nothing nada. Still fun to get out and enjoy the hunt!

David

Back
Top Bottom