Oldest coin=largie!!!

gseuser

Elite Member
Well I am still in absolute shock. I decided on a hunch to return to a place where I found my first silver. Its where a BRAND new middle school was built and there used to be an old house there. They actually built the playground right on the foundation of the house which gives me perfect bearings. Well its trashy (which I'm waiting on my new NEL Snake coil to arrive in the next few days to use it there) and I decided to go to an area next to the playground I hadn't hit too hard before. Well I got an 88 on the ATP like on the surface so I thought just another clad quarter. Wrong. It popped out and immediately I thought it was a token. I was half right. It had been sitting on a rock under the surface for who knows how long. I started cleaning it and noticed a guy on a horse so I was a little confused, then I saw '50 then saw '850 and I instantly stopped cleaning it. I HAD A BANK OF UPPER CANADA BANK TOKEN 1850 CANADIAN LARGE CENT!!!!! I stopped detecting and took it home and toothpicked it. I am super shocked at the location I found it at and how shallow it was. Remember, nothing is hunted out. GL and HH to all!

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 887
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 883
Congrats on your new oldest coin. Another example of never knowing what that next signal will be. Great find.

Back
Top Bottom