Beach shovel/scoop

maddy

I'd appreciate some advice on selection. I'm looking for a shovel or scoop that would work in sand, gravel, mud... for lakes, rivers and maybe ocean beaches. I'd be to knee deep in water and am thinking that I'd be pushing the scoop with my foot for force. I've never seen one in action other than YouTube and really have no idea of what I should be looking for. I'd prefer not to spend much but don't want to waste my money either.
Thanks.

For what you want to do, get a heavy duty solid scoop. They cost more $ upfront, but you'll be wasting your money and your time otherwise. The cheaper plastic, aluminum, and even stainless steel scoops you see on eBay and Amazon just won't cut it. They're good for sifting dry sand, but wet sand, mud, gravel, and rocks will destroy them in short order. Look to spend about $200 (new) upfront on one of the scoops recommended by others here and you'll not regret it. This has been a topic heavily covered.

This is Tone Junky. I miss spelled it when I set it up. But, I agree with others that a Stainless steel scoop is the best choice. If you are serious about beach & water hunting you must get a stainless scoop. You can look for one with larger type holes for mud & gravel. I just bought a scoop, (no handle), from a guy in Ukraine. He had an assortment of scoops with different size holes for every situation. You just need to put a wooden handle on it when you get it. Search the Internet for it. It's a great scoop! Wider than my second scoop. My second scoop is all stainless but the holes were too large for me! I kept losing small targets. My first scoop was galvanized. It lasted 1 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the new 920I. A bit pricey but man what a beast. I can see this scoop will last a life time. Chuck has done it once more.

Couple more month's to get age on this account since I lost my info on my other and I will be able to show and sell what my company makes. Actually a few ppl on here use my scoops and shovels etc but I don't want to break any rules. I can't stand some of the !!!! that is pawned off onto us as "quality" detecting tools, overpriced junk and then when you do get something that's good it costs as much as a lower end detector. I got ticked off enough I started making my own, then ppl noticed and sold locally then it went from there. Anyway, Maddy make sure you buy something you feel you will be comfortable with using because one mistake ppl make is thinking bigger is better or more expensive is better and bigger can mean a rough day lugging around something and tiring yourself out and ruining your day..the expensive part you can figure out, you put too much into something you are unhappy with and you want to kick yourself twice. Look at all your options.

Back
Top Bottom