4" coil for Ace 250

Jesse80

Has anyone used one of them

I will be searching a lot of parks and schools around playgrounds
I wanted to know if anyone has used the 4" coil and what they thought about it

thanks

I haven't used this coil, but if I did have one, I would only use it in trashy areas.
They do also say, this is the coil to use on wet sand, where it works well.

I have not heard many ppl getting the sniper coil

so that makes me wonder if it's good

I was also told you can use a crossfire coil since it has same pins and same frequency

anyone else hear this or try it

I use the Ace 250 and bought a Sniper coil. I could throw the original coil away. I only use the sniper now. Seems to go just as deep and is so much more easy to pin point with. Get one, you will love it.

The sniper is for more trashy areas to get away from bad targets masking good ones. It will also allow you to get closer to metal fences, play ground equipment etc without giving off a signal. It's one more tool to have in your metal detector tool box. As for the Crossfire coil they will work. In fact most Garrett coils will work with the Ace machines but your target ID and depth readings on the meter will be off.

Xray thank you for the link

Jeff thanks for the info
I think I can pick up a used crossfire cheaper then trying to find a sniper one

IF putting the 4.5"crossfire coil on the ace250 gives you the wrong TID why would you want one?

One of the main reasons for having a smaller coil is so you can work the trashy areas>( pull out the good targets and leave the trash in the ground).

I think the going price is around 60 bucks for the sniper coil (new) Its a great little coil and im sure you would be pleased with it.

I think it would give wrong ID but tone should be the same

but I have been told there are no problems at all

I used my 4 " coil for the first time thursday because
the area had tons of trash. I kept digging up junk even though i knew because the meter was jumping. I was getting discouraged after 1 hr under a hot texas sun.
As i was wrapping it up i hit a solid nickel on the meter.
It wasnt jumping so i thought i would dig. After digging about 2 almost 3 inches i found a nice gold ring. Not too fancy but gold. i think 10 kt. I had never used coil before and i thought , I am glad I bought it. Alot of trash here. i havent hunted anymore , so i will keep it
on. I have only had my ACE250 one month and I am getting to know it better. GREAT MACHINE AND COIL.
I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom