new f5 owner

tc1967

Well I have had my f2 for almost 3yrs now and its been excellent. Thanks to Bart of big boy hobbies and digger27 I have found a lot of great things and had so much fun in the process. I decided to upgrade and get the f5 its perfect for my budget and now my wife or daughter can use the f2 and go with me.I have fell in love with this hobbie. I got the f5 from Bart also. He is great to deal with and very helpful to everyone. I believe 2015 is going to be a great yr for me. I know I am going to have a lot of fun at the least and to me that's what its all about.

Well I have had my f2 for almost 3yrs now and its been excellent. Thanks to Bart of big boy hobbies and digger27 I have found a lot of great things and had so much fun in the process. I decided to upgrade and get the f5 its perfect for my budget and now my wife or daughter can use the f2 and go with me.I have fell in love with this hobbie. I got the f5 from Bart also. He is great to deal with and very helpful to everyone. I believe 2015 is going to be a great yr for me. I know I am going to have a lot of fun at the least and to me that's what its all about.

Congrats on the upgrade and holler if you have questions. Be sure to post your finds!

new f5

Bart, I defiantly will post pic. Well if I can figure out how to do it. Lol. Thank you again, you are a great person to deal with and if I ever need anything else will be calling you and only you. I have been reading up on the f5 ,the bible and other great tips and from what most people says I can use what I learned with the f2 will carry over to the f5. The one thing I have a little confusion on is some people settings is like gain at 80 threshold -3 and then some are gain 50 and threshold +5. Anyone want to explain this?

Bart, I defiantly will post pic. Well if I can figure out how to do it. Lol. Thank you again, you are a great person to deal with and if I ever need anything else will be calling you and only you. I have been reading up on the f5 ,the bible and other great tips and from what most people says I can use what I learned with the f2 will carry over to the f5. The one thing I have a little confusion on is some people settings is like gain at 80 threshold -3 and then some are gain 50 and threshold +5. Anyone want to explain this?

That is just a personal preference more than anything else. I would play it safe and learn the machine in close to stock settings before you start really tweaking things. Most people make that mistake.

The language of all the Fishers seems similar, this gave me a big head start on the new learning process with the F70 and it will for you too.
You just have about a million more settings possible and if yours is anything like my mine those settings can and will affect what you find and your volume of finds so get a few good ones together and go for it.

This year I tried all kinds of settings on the F70 with the sense and the thresh and even though they all worked ok some were way better than others depending on site conditions.
You just have to start from the basics and tweak from there which is something I personally love to do.

Learning a new detector...what can be more fun than doing that and finding great things at the same time?

This is gonna be a good year for you.

new f5

Thanks for the great replies everyone. Digger& Bart you guys are right I am gonna start with the basic settings and take my time and go from m there. I'm in no hurry to go to hot or wide open settings with this unit, just want to enjoy mding. Digger I don't know if you remember but back when I first got the f2, I was the one who wrote a post about my sister lost her graduation ring on a old farm we use to live on. I have only go to go there 2 time and I didn'tknow but I was looking in the wrong place and I hhaven't found it yet. Was going to try to surprise her. My only problem is I was about 6 yes old when she lost it and my memorie isn'twhat I thought it was. So I got with her a few weeks ago and now I know where to start so hopefully I will find it. Its very trashy, but thanks to you I have the sniper 4 inch coil on the f2.I have did air test on some other peoples graduation rings and I got good numbers to go by. So wish me luck!!!!!!!!!

My F5 was my go to machine for 6-7 years. It was the best out of all past units I owned. It commands the ground better than any I had. Just make sure you understand the "gain" and "threshold" adjustments. They are key in what you plan on hunting.

Congrats, on the new detector. I've always loved the look of the F5. Hope someday I get to swing one...

Start in 4 tones. Threshold at 0. Gain about 50 . PM if you need help . F5 is an awesome machine but can be confusing to a new user. I love mine but wanted to put it in a wood chipper on a few occasions. Hang in there. Hit me up if you need help.

Start in 4 tones. Threshold at 0. Gain about 50 . PM if you need help . F5 is an awesome machine but can be confusing to a new user. I love mine but wanted to put it in a wood chipper on a few occasions. Hang in there. Hit me up if you need help.

You called it right. It took me awhile to get used to the settings also. I finally hooked up with Mike Hillis years ago who helped. Here is some valuable info compiled by him and Sven.

http://www.treasurelinx.com/uploads/Fisher_F5_Tips___Tricks_Apr_2013_rev.pdf

Back
Top Bottom