Looking for a good one

I've got a $300 budget and I'm trying to decide on a good MD that will be used primarily for coin hunting. What are y'alls thoughts

They have several Tesoro Tejon on Craigslist for 300..325
And they are 700.00 dollar machines so you might want look
Into a used MD. Just used the Tesoro as an example.

e

I agree with the used part,most people take care of metal detectors.but I'd shoot for manual ground balance, its a huge difference.I made that mistake on a 300 dollar budget in the beginning,and bought new without manual ground balance.

Thanks for all the info. Today I went to a local store that sells several brands of MDs after looking around and chatting with the owner my budget went out the window! I put a Minelab x-terra 705 in lay A way. I hope to have it out by warm weather!:shock:

I've got a $300 budget and I'm trying to decide on a good MD that will be used primarily for coin hunting. What are y'alls thoughts

Teknetics euro Tek pro would be my choice for sure. Great stability, depth and most important adjustable iron audio.

Holler with any questions. Be glad to help. Bart

Of course, my choice is the new LRP that can be had for $253 shipped. Manual and auto ground balance, 0-99 numeric ID, 11" DD coil. 9" depth.

Attachments

• land-ranger-pro-faceplate.jpg
    land-ranger-pro-faceplate.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 100
Tesoro compadre. Its still my grab and go , even though I own others . Nothing beats it for tot lots, quick hunts. Ive found enough clad to buy 3 of them with mine in about a year. Best thing, not having a TID, it forces you to train your ear. Imagine that....

Thanks for all the info. Today I went to a local store that sells several brands of MDs after looking around and chatting with the owner my budget went out the window! I put a Minelab x-terra 705 in lay A way. I hope to have it out by warm weather!:shock:

News flash! :lol:

Congrats on the new machine coming down the line.

Back
Top Bottom