Lake Gold #2

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Almost didn't get up in time to do a little detecting before work today. Eventually dragged myself out of bed in time for about an hour of hunting.

So I went to this one easier access spot (less walk time) that I hit 1/2 a year ago when the water was low. A so-so spot with lots of pull tabs and split shot.

Dug up a lot of lead, few pull tabs and miscellaneous metal. Two copper 60's Lincoln's and a '70's Jefferson. 7¢!!! And a neat little fish shaped lure.

Time to go home :(

Decided to swing a tiny bit over the shoreline. BEEP BEEP, decent signal, dug a bit and I see a ring :D which feels and looks good :thumbsup:

It isn't very big, for some reason all 3 of my career gold rings are thin. But I'll take it.

Makers mark is three overlapping circles like Borromean rings, and next to that is 14K GWP.

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 509
So I'm thinking I need a scoop and to comb the knee deep water area :)

This morning I rolled up my pants and took off my socks (crocs) and got in :)

Here's the total bounty:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 484
Thanks Alcyone!

Thinking of a shorter scoop for starters, not a waterproof machine, so have some thinking on that side if things too.

Right on!!!! Any gold is better than NO gold….and it's 14k to boot. Nice find.

If it makes you feel better, my hour pre-work hunt this morning resulted in a Wheat, some bolts, a couple headstamps, few zincolns, and a 1949 Canadian penny. Very few targets and nothing too noteworthy.

Right on!!!! Any gold is better than NO gold….and it's 14k to boot. Nice find.

If it makes you feel better, my hour pre-work hunt this morning resulted in a Wheat, some bolts, a couple headstamps, few zincolns, and a 1949 Canadian penny. Very few targets and nothing too noteworthy.

Thanks BentRod! I'm not down about the tiny gold at all, just find it interesting :). A wheat and some headstamps would've made it special even. I went 243 days before the last gold, then found this 7 days later. Very happy and surprised. Of course I do hope to find big gold some day ;)

Very happy, shocked in fact, to have nabbed some yellow this morning. I was so close to not even going out. My hunt was over, but had a hard time calling it off so was swinging a bit more but over the water this time. :)

Going to focus more at the water, and in the water now.

More gold!!???!! Congrats!!!! I'm STILL looking for some down here in the valley!!

Sandy

Thanks Sandy! Keep at it, you'll find some! Found 1 gold ring all of last year. 243 days later found my first for this year. 7 lucky days later for today's :)

Way to make the most of a quick hunt. Congrats on te gold. I bet it sure made your day at work a better one.

Thanks! Yes, it made my day :). Shocked me. Makes me want to get a scoop and go knee deep or so here on out. Without dunking my machine...

Dang Jeff, you need to do more morning hunts!! :lol: I get up at 5 am each morning for work as it is. There's no way I could ever sneak in a morning hunt.

Congrats on your second gold in a week :yes:

Dang Jeff, you need to do more morning hunts!! :lol: I get up at 5 am each morning for work as it is. There's no way I could ever sneak in a morning hunt.

Congrats on your second gold in a week :yes:

Thanks Mike! I get up for work at 5 most days. A couple days I can hunt in the morning if I don't catch up on my sleep, which is hard to do but valuable and rare swing time I have to take advantage of! Happy hunting!

Congrats man, you're on a roll!!

Stay on em!

<*)))>{

Thanks Ice!

Congrats on the gold!

Thanks!

Awesome job on the gold! What does GWP mean? I would have assumed it was some kind of plating reference and sent it to my 6yo. granddaughter! :lol:

I'm guessing the GWP is the maker or seller. I Googled all sorts and nothing came up.

When I first saw that I was concerned a bit, but the ring feels and looks right.

You have more gold than I have down here at the beach so far this season! Congratz!

Are the lake(s) you are hitting getting pretty low due to our drought conditions?

Keep at it!! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom