Silvers ratio

DeeDubya

This is some of my silver coin finds from over the years. I know that many have similar or larger collections and have to wonder if the ratio of dimes, quarters and halves is anything like this? I've only found 3 silver dollars and the few dimes and half dollars shown here. Were quarters just more plentiful or am I not tuning my machines properly? I think I'm missing dimes or just passing over them as junk. I do find clad dimes (which I can't tell from clad pennies) but not many silver.

Old/New Nickels seem to ring out about the same.

One more question. Does anyone else find many Mexican coins? I have a pretty good collection of peso's and centavos. Could that be just a Texas thing? Are there any silver Mexican coins? Some of the older Peso's look silver but not bright and appear to be an alloy.

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 165
Last year (my first year), I found like 6 silver washingtons and a silver half before ever finding my first dime (which happened to be a barber of all things)

This year I've only found 1 quarter but 20 silver dimes

go figure

I'm probably at a 5 to 1 ratio of dimes to quarters with dimes being most plentiful. I've found 1 half and 3 silver nickles.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm probably at a 5 to 1 ratio of dimes to quarters with dimes being most plentiful. I've found 1 half and 3 silver nickles.

Same ratio on dimes to quarters for me.
Don't find Mexican coins here. Find lots of Canadian here. Often 1 or 2 Canadian pennies per hunt.

I have 20-1 on silver dimes. Normally The Quarters Get Cherry picked

I'm at about 15 dimes for every quarter. Halves are scarce.
Maybe you hunt better neighborhoods?

Thats an incredible ratio!!!
You didn't say when these coins were found though. Cus from what I am seeing , the older detctors have picked off all the larger coins....My friend and I keep pulling deep dimes from the hard hit schools and parks. (thanks to Minelabs)
I have 22 silvers, (20 dimes, one quarter, and one half)

I'm at about 15 dimes for every quarter. Halves are scarce.
Maybe you hunt better neighborhoods?

I found a lot of the quarters with my first Coinmaster and Garrett some years ago. They might not have been the best for dimes but my Safari (11" DD) doesn't seem to do much better. I just got a 6" EXcel coil a few months back and will try with it.

Back
Top Bottom