Any good 9v battery deals?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
I used to buy the Energizers on Amazon...but they went and raised the price on me

Suggestions as to brand and where to buy them?

I've been a fan of recharable Li-Ion batteries for years. They are a bit expensive up-front but on the back end, they're a deal-and-a-half.

In my opinion, Ni-Mh rechargeables have also come a long way.

Holy !!!!. I was just about to recommend this awesome deal I got on eBay, but the seller raised the price to $41.00. I only paid $11.50 with free shipping for this awesome package. Not sure what the deal is but here. They work awesome in my Delta 4000 and they come fully charged. They look extremely cheap in that picture, but they are of decent quality. Can't believe he quadrupled the price. If I didn't find this deal, I would really opt for the Tenergy ones and get the Tenergy charger for it. Still a great deal and I know the Tenergies are much better because I have used them before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180907037127?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-Card-Ce...US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item4d052dcff3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenergy-TN1...60024?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item4cf2195178

Then again, this pack would give me 250 hours on my Delta 4000:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-9-volt-D...t=US_Single_Use_Batteries&hash=item2a2a83e1a1

I buy the lowes brand 9v

25 batteries for $26 last time I got them. They don't last quite as long (like maybe 4 or 5 hours) but at that price, who cares lol

Battery

My vote is definitely for rechargeables My AAA batteries were used in our walkie talkies for many years and when we quit using them in the radios I took them for my detector and assorted small flashlight use, they are now at least FIFTEEN YEARS old and show no sign of giving up. I get many hours of detecting from a charge.

I did a bit of 9v battery testing from different places. Here is what I came up with.

Dollar General: $1 each, life = 15 hours without headphones, 25+ with headphones
Family Dollar: $2 each, life = 10 hours without headphones, 20+ with headphones
711: $6.50 each, life = 2 bars brand new. They lasted maybe 5 hours.
Tried 711 brand again with the same outcome. Don't waste your money!!
Duracell copper tops: $4 each or $7.50 per pair, life = 40 hours without headphones, 60+ hours with headphones.

I'm sticking with Duracell copper tops!
Now if I can find them cheaper somewhere else I will be set!!

I did a bit of 9v battery testing from different places. Here is what I came up with.

Dollar General: $1 each, life = 15 hours without headphones, 25+ with headphones
Duracell copper tops: $4 each or $7.50 per pair, life = 40 hours without headphones, 60+ hours with headphones.

Agree Coppertop is the way to go I have had the same results with them over the Energisers

Shoprite....get them on price plus at a great price. Every other week either Energizer or Duracells go up for sale

Costco sells 8 packs of these for $17 or so if you are a member.
They might have gone up a bit on this price recently.
As I mentioned, the Ray-O-Vac batteries from Batteries Plus are a little cheaper and seem to work about the same.

Does anyone else find it obnoxious that battery manufacturers do not put the mAh rating on their alkaline batteries? I wrote them asking for the values and they said they don't give them because it might confuse the customer...uhhhh...what? Kinda like showing that a soda is 16 oz confuses people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pretty much but personally, I expect to see a mAh rating or I feel like I'm being ripped off but I only apply this standard to rechargeables.

I use dollar generals. $1 each and they last forever. Best deal ive found hands down.

thanks all....before I saw the info about the coppertops, I bought a set of Energizer Max....but next sets will be coppertop and see how they work on my F2

Back
Top Bottom