• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

$$$$ Would you return it?

If I ever find something really valuable, I think I would post something on craigslist for a month or so saying what I found but to make sure its really the owner Id have them send a description and maybe even a picture of them wearing possible item I found. If it matches, Id give it back to them. If no one gets back to the post in that month, I know Ive done my part.

Whites Quantum II with a Quantum 7.8 coil

What ever happened to detecting for the pure enjoyment of it. If I was detecting to get rich, I would have quit over twenty years ago. By returning something, I'm not out anything that I had before. I hunt for the thrill of finding the unknown.

I personally would not post an ad myself but rather search for ads. If the ring is significant to the person who lost it then they would make an attempt to find it. If the ring is high in value then chances are they have insurance on it and it will be replaced. I would have no issues keeping a ring of value if after making a decent attempt to find the owner had failed.

~Are you still focused on DoctorTecter's ring? Let it go buddy ;)

my thoughts exactly

I return all I can.

HOWEVER,

I will NOT judge ANYONE with different views and ideas than I have. It's yours to do whatever you see fit to do with it within your mind and state laws. EVEN if you decide to break a state law, that is absolutely YOUR choice and your belief.

+1. Let your conscience be your guide.

Just to keep this thread going. :lol:

I look at found jewelry the same way I would look at returning a found wallet with an ID in it. Even though I could use the money if I found wallet with $500 in it along with the owner's name it would be returned. When I find class rings, weddings rings or other items that are engraved with ID I always make a reasonable effort to return them.

So, when you drive off from the parking lot after accidently leaving one of your $1000+ machines leaning on the fencepost, and then see it on craigslist the next day for sale by someone who found it, you are just going to say "Sucks to be me"???????

Okay.........

the day I forget and leave my detector leaning up against a fence post is the day I quit the hobby!!

I personally would not post an ad myself but rather search for ads. If the ring is significant to the person who lost it then they would make an attempt to find it. If the ring is high in value then chances are they have insurance on it and it will be replaced. I would have no issues keeping a ring of value if after making a decent attempt to find the owner had failed.

~Are you still focused on DoctorTecter's ring? Let it go buddy ;)

Great answer Cali,
I returned my best find a platinum wedding ring with three large diamonds. While they were pleased to have it back, the man that lost it didn't even say, "Thank You". But I'd do it again because it's the right thing to do.

Well.............It's finders keepers till.........It's your buddy's E-trac. What a Joke!!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Keep a $10,000 ring, but don't dare keep his detector that HE left behind. :mad::mad::mad: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom