White's Classic SL v. Bounty Hunter VLF

AndrewCNJ

Elite Member
I have recently acquired two entry level detectors. White's Classic SL and a Bounty Hunter VLF. I understand that the capabilities of both are limited, however, I didn't pay a dime for either of them! Anyway, I'm going out to detect with a buddy of mine and can't decide which detector to use; and which one I should let him use for the day and maybe sell. Any thoughts? I think the White's reaches about 8 inches and the VLF goes about 6, but I haven't tested the VLF out yet. Anyone have experience with the VLF? Thanks for the info!

Not sure about the Whites, but the BH VLF is not exactly garbage- it works but its pretty limited. It is supposed to be a kids detector. It just happens to extend to adult lengths.

The whites classic's are good dependable detectors. I had a classic SL II and III and I liked them. If I remember correctly I think only the classic III had interchangeable coils. The standard classic and the classic II are pretty limited with their functions but worked well.

The Whites classic SL will walk all over that Bounty Hunter...no comparison. The Classic II and III have interchangeable coils but not the regular Classic. I've hunted side by side with friends using BH detectors when I was swinging Whites Classics. Friends would usually give up in frustration and watch me hunt.

Back
Top Bottom