Coin ID contest...get it right, win the coin! CONTEST OVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewart73

Forum Supporter
Alright you coin ID gurus here's one to keep you on Google all Sunday....:D First person to guess the correct 1) Area of origin, 2) Year, AND 3) Denomination will get this bent up old relic. One guess per person per day. I know you can't read anything on the coin and it's worn beyond belief but it IS doable...hey nobody said it was gonna be easy! :lol: I'll post the reverse of the coin in a few days if nobody gets it. Good luck boys! :yes:

P1000155.jpg

Last edited:
well, they don't get much tougher than this! :lol:

my guesses: India, 1950, and it's a 2 Paisa coin. and if i'm no where close, i'm not surprised. :D
thanks for the contest. :yes:

Pete

USA 2009 Penny?

Kidding, I have no idea...however thank you for the contest...and good luck to those who really try!

Next Asian guess is a Chinese, 50 Cash, 1912-1949?

Edit: Just realized I left the 20 in instead of the 50. I was researching them, and came across the 20 first, had it typed up, but didn't post yet, looked more, decided the 50 was closer to the right size. Posted without changing the 2 to a 5.

If that's not ok, then disqualify me. It's my fault :lol: should n't be up until 5am looking for old coins. good night zzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Ok, more specific, The Republic of China (Previously stated Honan Province in coins <1920, I believe, so technically the area of origin could be from Honan/Hunan Province, but the grain shape doesn't match the pattern of 1919 coins, so I'm guessing >1920 version.), Cash 20, 1920.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease be right :lol: I want to eventually win one of these contests, and this one is really cool. :grin:

Last edited:
Ok, more specific, The Republic of China (Previously stated Honan Province in coins <1920, I believe, so technically the area of origin could be from Honan/Hunan Province, but the grain shape doesn't match the pattern of 1919 coins, so I'm guessing >1920 version.), Cash 20, 1920.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease be right :lol: I want to eventually win one of these contests, and this one is really cool. :grin:

I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!!! AS FAR AS I COULD TELL THIS COIN IS A 1020 HUNAN (HONAN) 20 CASH COIN. VORIAX IF YOU CAN PROVE IT'S A 10 CASH AND NOT A 20 I'LL SEND YOU SOMETHING TOO BUT PRETTY SURE IT'S A 20. :yes: COUCHSEARCHER PM ME YOUR ADDRESS! HERE IS THE OTHER SIDE:

P1000159.jpg

AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Awesome! Thanks! I'll send it to ya after I post this message.

:shock::shock::shock::D:D:D:D

Edit: I've never won anything before, so this is awesome. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom