Civil War Eagle Button today...

h20hawgs

Elite Member
Today I went to a spot. It is a battle site where Sherman started the Atlanta campaign. This site has been hunted very hard no doubt for many years. I only found one carved bullet which I lost (uuugh), One round ball (fired) a percussion cap and the eagle button that says *Extra Quality* on the back and still has the shank. I have some pics on my phone of the battle site in the mountains of North Georgia I will add those later. I was told there are hundreds of Rattlesnakes and Copperheads all over this mountain by two different relic hunters but I did not let that detour me. This site was hunted really hard so I found lots of iron and set my descrimination on the Minelab SE Pro and stayed in the iron area knowing other detectors and hunters do not like all the iron... Thats where the eagle button came from in this hunted out site! Gotta hunt those spots slow...

Attachments

• Rocky Face 012.jpg
    Rocky Face 012.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Rocky Relics 016.jpg
    Rocky Relics 016.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Rocky Relics 001.jpg
    Rocky Relics 001.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 231
Nice button and bullet. I don't have any battlefields to search but I can always hope somebody wore their army coat after the war and lost a button. Congrats.

Uniforms

Actually they did wear their clothes, its all many had. Alot of our finds are from house spots no where near a battle or a camp. Thanks and good luck!

Bullet

Yeah that bummed me a little... It was an odd 1 ring bullet that had been cut in half. Smaller then a 3 ringer but larger then any pistol size of the era... I will find it another day when I feel like being a billie goat and climbing mountains... Little sore today so I am gonna head out to some lower lands today!

Back
Top Bottom