Downieville, CA sidewalk project :

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
Downieville, CA wooden sidewalks to be replaced. On Main st. directly in front of Yuba theater. Looks like they were already made decorative wood at some time in the past (to give it that "wild-west" look of saloon-row-frontage) But perhaps there wasn't a thick layer of fill-preparation at that time in the past. So perhaps when that old wood comes out, might be worth a check.

This one has no fixed bid deadline. It's simply "open till they receive any interested bidders" It's under the: Sierra County Department of Public Works. So anyone interested could see where their in-house council minutes , or public works website, etc..., that may have updates as to when this will occur.

Im relatively close (an hour drive) and very interested. Any ideas how i should go about getting more info on timeline? Thanks for the heads up.

Im relatively close (an hour drive) and very interested. Any ideas how i should go about getting more info on timeline? Thanks for the heads up.

I will PM you the actual contact person's email (for purposes of interested bidders). And you can just pose as an interested historian/photographer. Who is doing some before & after pix. And ... were curious how you could find out when they've got a schedule. Ie.: Is there a county web-page with these municipal dealings, as normal public domain info. Naturally .... you don't say anything about md'ing :roll:

Presumably there's some public pin-up (so-to-speak) somewhere. So that store-owners, for example, have a "heads up" as to when their front door will be blocked by the const. work, etc...

Watch your PM box .....

Back
Top Bottom