• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Civil war bridle id

Big Treble

Forum Supporter
Any one tell me if this is CW? It came off the farm of a CW veteran

Attachments

• 20181102_112148_resized.jpg
    20181102_112148_resized.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 612
great seal atop eagle was started about 1902. we used horse Calvary in WW1 so good guess be in that era. still, don't see much bridle stuff that era.

neat nice find, make a good display in a frame with a WW1 horse soldier

The wife's family, I loaded it on a wagon today. Any ideas on value? Kind of cool to bu?

I don't think it hold a great deal of value as we find those quite often. I live near the old Ft. Oglethorpe, Ga base where they had a lot of WWI troops. I have found six of them myself.

Perfect, thanks for the guidance fellas.

Not nearly as excited now, I thought it was my wife's Grt grt grandfathers he brought back from CW. We did find a English made Confederate rifle. But apparently my FIL sold it.

Very nice find! I have seen two pulled at hunts where I've been, but have yet to find one myself.

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Very nice. I found one of those in central NC recently, but that back was pretty much gone.

Thanks for the help.

As an update I purchased this at the auction. Not sure what I will do with it, but more than likely my wife Great Grandpa.

Nice button.. I have found quite a few of them in the fields in eastern NC. It's an Army button --but I'm thinking WWII.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom