First 2 boxes yield silver, proofs & a great time

BRJ123

Elite Member
Finally got my first 2 boxes of halves in today. It was probably the most fun coin collecting experience I've had in quite some time. Usually I just buy what I want but this experience really made the hunt come alive.

A big shout out to the King whose threads peaked my interest and got me started in to something I think and hope I am going to enjoy for a while.

Not sure I really want to get into collecting NIFC's but these ones were in super condition...

Anyways check out what I found!

Attachments

• 20180309_183525.jpg
    20180309_183525.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 20180309_183430.jpg
    20180309_183430.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180309_183349.jpg
    20180309_183349.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 106
His Majesty is very pleased that you took the plunge and tried out half dollar CRHing! And with success to boot! KT expects He will hear of your hunts on a regular basis, as you find the time and inclination to search....now that the bug has bitten and the "infection" started! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The best of luck to you! When you hit that zippo box, just remember that you learned from KT to have patience and to continue on! KT cannot wait to see what you think of a box loaded with prime NIFCs! :lol::lol::lol:

Very nice finds there! Someday I hope to venture into half dollars. For now it's the smaller change.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Great saves! Beware the “infection” though - there is no know cure! :grin:

Not bad for a start! Like someone else mentioned, scratch that itch, but beware the monkey on your back - it took me eight years to shake it ~ :cool:

Finally got my first 2 boxes of halves in today. It was probably the most fun coin collecting experience I've had in quite some time. Usually I just buy what I want but this experience really made the hunt come alive.

A big shout out to the King whose threads peaked my interest and got me started in to something I think and hope I am going to enjoy for a while.

Not sure I really want to get into collecting NIFC's but these ones were in super condition...

Anyways check out what I found!

Congrats on a great first hunt! As others have said, don't be disappointed if they don't all turn out that way... you will have boxes with no silvers as well, but I can tell you that the itch stays there (for me anyway), and every time you hunt, you have fun regardless of what you find. For me, it's like playing the lottery....only you can't lose because if you don't find what you are looking for ...:yes:you dump what's left and you aren't out anything.
John

Back
Top Bottom