Help me ID these bullets

Nooga Hunter

Hunted a spot Saturday that is located about a 1/4 mike from a major civil war battle site. The home owner said that the union army came across his property in rout to battle field so it has civil war history. But I am not a bullet expert nor a civil war expert so I am asking the md'ing community of experts to tell me what I found. Your thoughts?
null_zps85b98ac3.jpg

null_zps67160811.jpg

I would say the round musket balls have the best shot at being CW period. The others look more modern.

The two in the second picture I believe are Enfield (Confederate) bullets. The ones I've found have a much whiter patina but I'm guessing that could be due to the type of ground yours were found in. BTW--Are you going to the 150th Anniversary of Chickamauga this weekend? I think they are having around 10,000 reenactors for the battle (Thursday-Sunday).

The two in the second picture I believe are Enfield (Confederate) bullets. The ones I've found have a much whiter patina but I'm guessing that could be due to the type of ground yours were found in. BTW--Are you going to the 150th Anniversary of Chickamauga this weekend? I think they are having around 10,000 reenactors for the battle (Thursday-Sunday).

I'd say not, they seem small and have a "ring", not smooth like an enfield

I've hunted all over this county and have found those rounds before. They are more modern than the Civil War. I like this town of Chattanooga. You can come across CW rounds in the oddest of places, here.

The musketballs are the real prize, there. Congrat's!

Back
Top Bottom