my little pieces of civil war history

pa-searcher

I know that I posted most of these buttons under another heading but after looking at what I have dug this year from a very small park,the only explaination I can come up with is that the people who once lived there cut off the buttons and reused the material.The large buttons are from a school staff uniforms..I have 18 big and 3 small of that variety.I have pounded this site in hopes of getting more eagle buttons but to no avail so I am posting my buttons now,they include a chielf petty officer anchor button and an unknown one that is with the seated dime I also dug here.

Attachments

• small buttons 2018.jpg
    small buttons 2018.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 383
  • rev. small buttons 2018.jpg
    rev. small buttons 2018.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 10-30-16.jpg
    10-30-16.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 269
  • seated dime 2018.jpg
    seated dime 2018.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 296
Wow, really some excellent saves. So I guessing you were coinshooting and a fairly complete surprise.

yes I was

Yes I was coinshooting there..I previously dug a silver washington 2 rosies and 2 barber dimes .when I first dug an eagle I almost crapped my pants then they just kept coming the next 4 or 5 trips there.Yes I would have never dreamed about ever digging any of them up here in the middle of pennsy. I took a detector buddy of mine and he got 2 or 3 for himself as well.

Yes I was coinshooting there..I previously dug a silver washington 2 rosies and 2 barber dimes .when I first dug an eagle I almost crapped my pants then they just kept coming the next 4 or 5 trips there.Yes I would have never dreamed about ever digging any of them up here in the middle of pennsy. I took a detector buddy of mine and he got 2 or 3 for himself as well.

Good surprises don't happen like this to often, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom