Found a $20 bill in the ATM slot...

I found a $100 bill at the parking lot of the store I work at. From a distance I knew it was cash, but figured it was a $5. I knew where it came from cause I had one customer who was obviously high on something, he pulled an unorganized wad of cash from his pocket and took him a minute to figure out the right amount to give me. I kept an eye on him when he left (in case he was driving his own vehicle or something) He was talking to someone else in a car through their window and left. Anyway I'm thinking it was from him. Probably a dealer along with being a user and had no problem keeping it for myself.

Score! ya did the right thing ;)

A year ago I saw 3 - $20 bills laying underneath the ATM.

Here's what I did...went up to the cashier, and said that I found a couple bucks near the ATM. I left my phone #, and if someone came in asking about the cash, give me a call...if they could ID the amount, I'd give it up. Never heard back though.

I have been meaning to call you! :-)

I found a $20 lying in the cash return at grocery store self-checkout. Thinking I was being very saintly I gave it to the attendant who very hatefully sighed at me, grumbled something and threw it up on his desk and took off. All I can assume is it causes him some sort of hassle having to log it in as extra money or fill out some paperwork?? I thought dang I should have just kept it. Months later I luck out and find coins at the same store self-checkout, grab it and then feel guilty taking 45 cents. :lol:

Hey Bob!

Hello Bob! PM me your address...I'll send it over...

when pigs fly...:laughing:

I've been good...haven't gotten out much to detect though...got a baby on the way...wife got me busy!

How are you? Find any goodies?

That's odd to find extra bills at the ATM. I know the ones I use it feeds out out of a slot, so not sure how one could leave one behind.
I've found a couple bucks cleaning up around the construction site I was on. Musta been from guys who dropped money putting it in their pocket after going to the coffee truck. Was all crumpled up.
One time I was sitting at a traffic light and saw something on the sidewalk near the crosswalk. Was a $20. I swung around and grabbed it.

That's odd to find extra bills at the ATM. I know the ones I use it feeds out out of a slot, so not sure how one could leave one behind.
How could one leave $ behind? Human nature my friend, waaaaay too many distractions for people in this day and age.

How could one leave $ behind? Human nature my friend, waaaaay too many distractions for people in this day and age.

And the best way to find money laying around is to go where people are "distracted" because they are drinking. Or else on high school campuses because teenagers don't pay attention to anything but their phone. I wouldn't call it human nature as much as stupidity. I recently found $20 under a bridge where people hideout and drink. I find dollar bills laying around after every football game. My dad found $40 laying in road in front of his house. There are several drug dealers across the road and they deal by exchanging in middle of road. So again stupidity is what leaves cash laying around. The way I look at it we are just the cleaning crew that comes behind and picks up all the 'paper' they leave.

Back
Top Bottom