hunting mazat lan

wichita mike

flying to mazat lan mexico march the 25, wondering if there would be any problems in getting a metal detector through customs

If its packed in your luggage there is almost never an issue. I've brought my CTX all over and only once had an issue when I packed it in my carry-on bag and then went through customs in the Bahamas. They had me leave a $250 deposit to ensure I wasn't going to sell it there and skip on the tax. When I returned to the airport, I showed them the detector and they handed my cash back. A bit nerve racking at first, but now that I know what to expect, no biggie.

Waves were HORRIBLE the whole time. I got bashed around and tossed every which way. I found a 10 Peso coin and a 20 Euro coin and some China sunglasses. LOL No pictures. Went out in deeper water to snorkel but not detect. Beautiful.

I was at Playa Del Carmen. Not many of my pictures were of water. I am in Atlanta now on my way back to Detroit. Will be there at 12:10am and home around 1:30 hopefully.

No real advice for mazatlan other than keep your head down. This is coming from someone living down here, but in a much safer area, for the past dozen or so years...

Back
Top Bottom