Mexico, and Bandwagon

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got back from Mexico this morning at 3am. I had a wonderful time with my grandson and visited a few places. We stayed at Playa Del Carmen. Went to the Mayan ruins in Chichen Itza, A cenote outside of them and of course the ruins in Playa Del Carmen.

The water was rough the whole time I was there. Detected a bit but I really hate getting knocked over, pushed away from the target and fighting to get it. I found a 10 peso coin, a 20 euro coin, a pair of China sunglasses and a few pull tabs. The water was beautiful out deeper though. Never took my camera out deep.

Here is a short video of the cenote we visited. I wasn't prepared and didn't bring my swimsuit. I thought we were just going to Mayan ruins.

In regards to the bandwagon, I got this in today. Will give an honest evaluation in the wild. First stop will be tomorrow in a hammered state park with deep wheats and silver that only the E-Trac has seen so far.

I am not expecting it to out perform the E-Trac. I do want to see if it will register the deep coins we are getting from there. Kevin will be swinging his E-Trac. Will keep all posted.

Last edited:
Looks like you had a great time Scuba! Enjoyed the video, did get side tracked, yours ended and Some video Fishing with luiza came up and started watching that..wow.:jawdrop:

Enjoy the new toy!! Good Luck!

Vacation is over and you're well rested...time to get down to business on that new unit!

I went to the Mayan Riviera for my honeymoon. We went to Chichen Itza and stopped at the same cenote. The iguanas were running around like squirrels there! It was crazy! Back when we went you could still climb the pyramid and go inside under the stairs to the hidden room.

I was supposed to have tomorrow off but have to make an appearance halfway through the day. Would loved to have tagged along to detect. I have been having a frustrating time with my Eq800. I went from a relatively underpowered and thus quiet detector to a guns blazing, beep happy one it seems. I have had it out for a total of about 1 1/2 hrs at 3 different sites. Followed all the instructions for quieting it down and still really chatty. Hope you have a better first run with yours.

I went to the Mayan Riviera for my honeymoon. We went to Chichen Itza and stopped at the same cenote. The iguanas were running around like squirrels there! It was crazy! Back when we went you could still climb the pyramid and go inside under the stairs to the hidden room.

I was supposed to have tomorrow off but have to make an appearance halfway through the day. Would loved to have tagged along to detect. I have been having a frustrating time with my Eq800. I went from a relatively underpowered and thus quiet detector to a guns blazing, beep happy one it seems. I have had it out for a total of about 1 1/2 hrs at 3 different sites. Followed all the instructions for quieting it down and still really chatty. Hope you have a better first run with yours.

LOL no idea what kind of time I will have! All I have done so far is charge everything. There is a ton of pull tabs and aluminum foil in this park. I hope it doesn't drive me up the wall! I am VERY hesitant to try it at bullet beach. A lot of those 30-06 shells have the tops broken off and if it is as sensitive on them as gold I will have a nightmare on my hands.

Let me know if you want to get out this summer. I keep my boat on lake St. Clair and always have room. I have two Sunspot Stealth scoops also and never use one when I dive.

As far as chatty I found mine behaves much better when I don't carry a cell phone.

The Mayan ruins are one of my top 3 destinations i want to see in my life... jealous!!!

As far as chatty I found mine behaves much better when I don't carry a cell phone.

It has been in my yard with electric fence on and off. I also have buried electrical lines in the neighborhood. Phone in the house.

It happens at the local park even with noise cancel, ground balance, no phone, and reduced sensitivity.

I think the amount of chatter is to be expected with a more sensitive machine and that I am just not used to it. I have had screaming signals with what seemed to be a small footprint turn out to be junk. I have had nothing particularly deep or nice. Just a little clad. To be honest I don’t have a ton of time with it yet and probably haven’t run my coil over stuff that will really make it sing. I still have hope!

Love the Riviera Maya. Sure hoping I can get there this Aug, like planned!

Looking forward to your review of the Nox.

Glad to hear you had an okay time, how did you like the cenote? You can only imagine how much stuff is down in there...

Thanks for the pics! Been to Mexico once and the Bahama islands several times. Looking forward to going back some day.

Wow really nice pics! Looks beautiful! The furthest away from MA I've been has been ME :laughing: I have a trip booked to Orlando in October for a week, can't wait to spread my wings :lol: hope you had a great trip, and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom