Sand scoop.

I broke my sand scoop yesterday. One of the stainless steel welds snapped off. I will find a welder who could fix it BUT who makes a heavy duty sand scoop that may last a few years?
Thanks and HH
Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Stavr scoop Monstrik-9 (M-9) for heavy conditions and large beach hunters
Max and many other hunters have been using it for many years without problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwC_Te5owMI
this is the most durable and at the same time the lightest scoop for difficult conditions (with its dimensions) the nose part is made of martensitic stainless steel 2 mm (0,08" or 14 gauge)

Last edited:
Its a common issue/question...one thing a guy soon realizes, his retrieval tool consideration is just as important as the Detector, maybe moreso...Its hard to explain to a noob, the importance of investing in a good quality scoop goes right over their head...("C'mon! a $150 for a shovel with holes in it?") I'm guilty of this thought process myself!,...:laughing:

All the various amalgamations we contend with......from sugar sand to heavy clay/rocks...the right scoop is a huge factor to success...your scoop takes a dump, what good is your detector?

Stavr scoop Monstrik-9 (M-9) for heavy conditions and large beach hunters
Max and many other hunters have been using it for many years without problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwC_Te5owMI
this is the most durable and at the same time the lightest scoop for difficult conditions (with its dimensions) the nose part is made of martensitic stainless steel 2 mm (0,08" or 14 gauge)
My last scoop had the same weld in the back of the scoop where you put your handle in and that is where mine broke so I ordered one looking for the support right there and will be testing this one on Sunday at the beach.

My last scoop had the same weld in the back of the scoop where you put your handle in and that is where mine broke so I ordered one looking for the support right there and will be testing this one on Sunday at the beach.

Well congrats on adding a new tool to your arsenal. Best o' luck!

Well congrats on adding a new tool to your arsenal. Best o' luck!
Thank You ! I now have a good lite duty sand scoop until I get it welded and a new one on the way.

Not to hijack the thread...but for anyone who's ordered a stealth, how long did it take after ordering to get yours in?

Not to hijack the thread...but for anyone who's ordered a stealth, how long did it take after ordering to get yours in?

It was UNREAL.

I called the office to order and the nice lady said she couldn't promise that they could get it in the mail that same day. I emphasized again and again that I wasn't going to the beach for 2 weeks and any time the rest of the week was fine.

Thru emails, I discovered that they had it packaged and ready to go just a few minutes after UPS left their shop. Sunspot called UPS and had the driver turn around and come back to the shop so that they could get my scoop on the way to me.
I have never dealt with nicer people. Hats off to both Sunspot and UPS!

It was UNREAL.

I called the office to order and the nice lady said she couldn't promise that they could get it in the mail that same day. I emphasized again and again that I wasn't going to the beach for 2 weeks and any time the rest of the week was fine.

Thru emails, I discovered that they had it packaged and ready to go just a few minutes after UPS left their shop. Sunspot called UPS and had the driver turn around and come back to the shop so that they could get my scoop on the way to me.
I have never dealt with nicer people. Hats off to both Sunspot and UPS!

The nice lady that works there is Lynda. They usually do not have many made in advance. So your experience was not the norm. However they have the pieces ready usually and just need their welder to put it together for you.

Thank you guys, I’m just eager to get my scoop and it feels like it’s been a year. Lyndia helped me and was incredibly warm and friendly. I made the order 3/14 so hopefully it’ll be shipped soon and I’ll have it. Going on a large family detecting beach trip next weekend for Easter and hoping I have it for that.

Stealth and Stavr

are the way to go in Florida. Especially the east coast where we have a lot of renourishment sand. The point really helps digging in the compacted wet sand.

Back
Top Bottom