Howdy from a greenhorn

MI redneck

Another newb to the hobby.

I really appreciate the site and it's users for all the knowledge and humor that is shared here.

Found a ton of good advice on selecting my first machine. Now if Y'all could just point me in the direction of all those fabulous finds, that'd be great. ;)

Always wanted a metal detector as a kid, but alas Santa never came through. Watching some vids rekindled the interest and after logging about 3 hours behind an AT pro I have a nice Pile of mostly junk and 1 clad dime. It's not as easy as it looks, but it is a lot of fun!

Looking forward to learning a lot more and being able to share here as well.

Thanks for having me.
GL+HH

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

You may have already seen this, but just in case you didn't it might be of help, this is part 1 of a 4 part series they made, after part!1 you should see where!you can click for part 2 and so on! -

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

You may have already seen this, but just in case you didn't it might be of help, this is part 1 of a 4 part series they made, after part!1 you should see where!you can click for part 2 and so on! -

I have not seen it.

My AT pro seems rather chatty and prone to stray signals, I'm thinking it's "the nut behind the butt". (user error)

Thank you sir for the welcome and the link.

I have not seen it.

My AT pro seems rather chatty and prone to stray signals, I'm thinking it's "the nut behind the butt". (user error)

Thank you sir for the welcome and the link.

Well, I'm not personally familiar with that model, but maybe that video has some tips that can help solve your problem, if not there are many forum members that do have that model and a vast majority feel it is a great machine and they might be able to be of help in fixing the "chatty" pro problem :lol:

Well, I'm not personally familiar with that model, but maybe that video has some tips that can help solve your problem, if not there are many forum members that do have that model and a vast majority feel it is a great machine and they might be able to be of help in fixing the "chatty" pro problem :lol:

Seems the family farm is very trashy. Iron signals every square foot and an inordinate amount of tin/aluminum cans that sound like coins. :facepalm:

I'm sure I'm just on the uphill side of the learning curve. :D

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting !

Back
Top Bottom