It is HOT! here on the west coast!

metaladdict

Elite Member
I got out to coin shoot at about 8am and was done at 9ish. Those headphones are tooooo hoooottt! at 80degrees in the shade already.:coolinoff:

It's been warm everywhere I guess... Last night at 9 when I quit hunting it was 92 degrees and muggy as all get out. I got out hunting at sunup today as it's finally cooler, at 6:15 this morning it was 76 degrees and humid, we had a little cool front move in. Back to the 90s tomorrow though.

Be very careful to avoid heat stroke, and when you do go out here's some ideas for protection, sun umbrella hats (preferably UV resistant) and water, and don't forget your pets need shade and water too, preferably under a canopy as the dog hats don't keep the sun off the rest of them and they might not keep it on :lol:

umhat4.jpg umhat2.jpgumhat.jpgumhat3.jpgwaterbottle.jpg

We are about to burn up down here in the South as well, it has been hot and muggy right on into the night. The afternoon t-storms roll through and steam everything up like a sauna. :sun2::sun2:

Here's a link to a post with a video clip I added on another thread that shows two detectorists hunting for meteorites out west and it noted near the beginning of the clip that it was 102 degrees at 10:30 in the morning !

(I don't think they have the high humidity there which would have made it much worse, still need to be careful though !)

(watch the lower left hand corner at about the 4 to 7 second mark)

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2796058&postcount=70

It is miserable in Al today. Worked a yard for a while today. The heat (90's) and humidity (80 %) put a monkey on my back and sent me to he air conditioning. So miserable that I could not detect a site where a house stood over 150 years ago. Maybe when it gets cooler and I am back in the area.

... and it was only 120. ...

I recall detecting on a trip to relatives in Brawley, CA (just south of Death valley) 25-ish years ago. Was working a park getting some silver and wheaties. It was in the low 90s and I was ready to die after a few hours.

Some kids came up (as kids often do) to watch. I lamented "it's too hot, I'm going to leave". To which they were confused and said "it's not hot". Turned out it had been well over 100* for the prior few weeks. So to THEM: temperatures in the 90s was "cooled down". Doh !

No problem. That house stood there 150 years ago already, and will still stood there 150 years + 2 weeks ago. :D

The problem is that it is over 300 miles of driving to get there. I only visit that area every two or three years

Beautiful weekend in the Ozarks. Went kayaking Saturday morning and it was a little chilly to start slowly warmed up to 80. Sunday was even nicer. We are supposed to be about 15 degrees below normal for the next 2 days. The ground is moist and diggable. Summertime and the livin is easy.

The problem is that it is over 300 miles of driving to get there. I only visit that area every two or three years
Ok. Then i will correct myself.

That house stood there 150 years ago already, and will still stood there 152 years ago. :D

:laughing:
Sorry for the fooling around. I know what you mean and understand how you feel.

Back
Top Bottom