Garrett AT Max Is A Silver Magnet And Coin Killer.....First Field Test/Hunt

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• AT MAX.jpg
    AT MAX.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 816
I have a great interest in this machine, but I think I had better wait for some user reviews that are not shill orientated. My pro is doing fine and I have seen where the Max has been described as a pro with AT gold features added. I am not in the gold fields but I do search for the yellow stuff and so far the Pro has handled that just fine. Do these couple of changes warrant the move only time will tell.

They haven't impressed me yet my AT pro would have found that stuff just as easy. When they start digging coins 12,14 inches deep it might be worth investing in. As for a lighted screen in the machine I have no use for it. I have wireless headphones several sets matter of fact that features not necessary. As for as a bigger screen numbers I always go by the sound don't need to see the screen anyway.:lol:They can even eliminate the pinpoint button I don't use it neither.

Well,
Would have been nice to hear the detector over the coins.

See the ID too.

But the Hoover boys did the same with Nokta Impact.

They didn't seem to take the AT Max though to a supposedly dry hole like they did (said) with Nokta Impact.

Maybe they should have named this detector the Pro Gold detector.
Just joshing,,of course.

Or Gold Pro??

I don't get why they did not show the tones and ID numbers. How about telling the depth. Why not have a AT Pro to run over deep targets to see if there was a difference. They say the Max is deeper than a ATP. The only videos I really like are the ones comparing two different detectors or where it's mainly one guy showing his setup adjustments and his numbers at the hole when he digs a target. Helpful videos not just items being pin pointed out of the plug. Maybe I'm to critical.

I don't get why they did not show the tones and ID numbers. How about telling the depth. Why not have a AT Pro to run over deep targets to see if there was a difference. They say the Max is deeper than a ATP. The only videos I really like are the ones comparing two different detectors or where it's mainly one guy showing his setup adjustments and his numbers at the hole when he digs a target. Helpful videos not just items being pin pointed out of the plug. Maybe I'm to critical.

A big +1 on the above.

I traded in my AT Gold for the AT MAX. Got a screaming deal. Was going to get wireless head phones for the AT Gold. And for as little as a set of head phones and the AT GOLD I have a pre-oder AT MAX.
I was concerned that the trade in value on the AT GOLD would drop drastically when the AT MAX hits the market. I see the price reduction all ready On both the AT GOLD and the AT PRO. Just hope that I made the right move.

I'm sure it's not a bad choice. Garret did well with both the AT Pro and the AT Gold. The Max will be a good machine.

I too am a little unimpressed by the information released so far on the max. The couple of videos available from testers really offer no insight on any depth increase potential in a way that could be compared to the AT pro. If there was a substantial difference , you would think they would make showing that a priority in the video.

I am starting to see the max as falling short of the expectations of an AT pro user who was looking for a significant performance advantage. The max has some cool features , but if its only true advantages are wireless and backlight ( the other improvements only useful in certain environments ) then the max's appeal is mainly to someone who was considering buying a pro or gold , and for just a tad more they could get a max. Many of us who already have the pro already have 99.9% of what the max has to offer.

Not to put the max down , it looks great and probably an awesome value for the price......its just not all that significant of a step up from the pro so when I do upgrade from the pro it unfortunately probably wont be a Garrett because they dont have anything significant to upgrade to. Their higher end machines are outdated and made obsolete by the AT series.

This "Digger" roundness in my hole type of shill approach to the current video presentations has become a more of a turn off rather than anything positive. There is probably something good there but so far it has not been displayed.

I too am a little unimpressed by the information released so far on the max. The couple of videos available from testers really offer no insight on any depth increase potential in a way that could be compared to the AT pro. If there was a substantial difference , you would think they would make showing that a priority in the video.

I am starting to see the max as falling short of the expectations of an AT pro user who was looking for a significant performance advantage. The max has some cool features , but if its only true advantages are wireless and backlight ( the other improvements only useful in certain environments ) then the max's appeal is mainly to someone who was considering buying a pro or gold , and for just a tad more they could get a max. Many of us who already have the pro already have 99.9% of what the max has to offer.

Not to put the max down , it looks great and probably an awesome value for the price......its just not all that significant of a step up from the pro so when I do upgrade from the pro it unfortunately probably wont be a Garrett because they dont have anything significant to upgrade to. Their higher end machines are outdated and made obsolete by the AT series.

EXACTLY!
It's a great machine. Just like the at pro and at gold. I would like to see comparing videos MAX to pro or MAX to gold.

Back
Top Bottom