Used Excalibur 2 Value?

ShaneD

Someone is selling an Excalibur 2 that's only been used a few times. It looks brand new but the guy says it's 9 years old.

Would I need a new battery? How long do those batteries last? What do you think the value is? The guy is asking 1000 and I'm thinking it's not worth but maybe 1/3 of that if I need a new battery.

I put this in the wrong forum area. I'm trying to delete but can't figure out how. So oh well.

Shane,

Yeah the beach and water forum would get you a lot of replies.

I do know that a lot of seasoned water hunters prefer the Blue 1000's over the new Excal IIs. I have seen them state that $700-750 would be considered a good deal on one in excellent condition. It basically boils down to what you're willing to pay, and how much it's worth to you.

Hard to say on the battery without testing it. I recently purchased a Blue 1000 (paid $710 in excellent condition) and I didn't even bother with testing the battery. I replaced it with a RnB EX-3000 ($69.99)

Do you know if this guy ever submerged it? Reason for the question is you never stated when the last time he used it (9yr old detector). If the knob o-rings are not checked and siliconed every year they can dry rot and let water into the main pod.

That's good info, thank you.
I gather he hasn't used in since it was brand new. He sat on it for 9 years. He bought it for a vacation he went on in the Caribbean and hasn't used it since.

Back
Top Bottom