The New AT MAX Has Finally Arrived! There Are Some Great Improvements.

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
3r2_zpscoyvs7gk.jpg~original

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/images_new/Garrett_AT_MAX_US.pdf

Garrett has made significant improvements on the current AT Pro platform. Users have been asking for a back-light....Done! Requested a built in wireless system...... Done! The unit has improved depth with the new "True All Metal Mode" while still utilizing the iron audio feature. The window for ground balancing has been enlarged, allowing better hunting abilities in wet salt/salt water environments. Some of the features only available on the AT Gold are now standard on the AT MAX. The adjustable threshold is now available so you can detect changes in audio to dig those ever so deep targets. You can now manually ground balance the unit, or use auto ground balance.

Included in the package is a set of wireless headphones with the built in Z-Lynk™ Wireless . Garrett has listened to it's customers and made significant changes to an already popular selling metal detector. I look forward to reading posts and seeing some great finds made with the new Garrett AT MAX!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1acq2zV2zQ&feature=youtu.be

3r1%202_zpssbik3jyo.jpg~original

Attachments

• 70033_1.jpg
    70033_1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:
Home run for sure,threshold is a game changer for sure..Its not a at pro,not that there's anything wrong with the at pro..But it's a step up the ladder in my opinion..Garrett did a great job.

Threshold and a broad ground balance window allowing use in saltwater just changed the game in single vlf.

This is what I think will happen. Since all the Proformance coils are compatible I think Garrett will offer two packages. Standard and a propack. I think the propack will be around 850 with the standard pack in the 720-750 range.

For the ATP guys out there. Is this enough of a change for you to dump your ATP and pick up the ATM? For me, not yet. but then again I don't live near salt and honestly 90% of my hunting is still modern junk.

BCD

How's it compare to the AT Pro? I love my AT Pro. Deeper, better target ID accuracy? Wireless headphone are a great addition.

For the ATP guys out there. Is this enough of a change for you to dump your ATP and pick up the ATM? For me, not yet. but then again I don't live near salt and honestly 90% of my hunting is still modern junk.

BCD

No chance,Only if it could accurately Id a quarter at 11 inches.
Sorry Garrett for such high standards.:roll:

BCD

I love my ATP... but an ATP with

1. True all metal
2. Back lighted display
3. Larger display numbers
4. Built-in wireless full size headphones

Those are the things I most wanted in my ATP, so yes I have pre-ordered the ATMax.

I hope it arrives in the next 2 weeks bc we are heading to Destin. If it does, I'll GoPro my adventures and post them to YouTube!

I have to agree. I really like my AP Pro, but I also would really love it with these added features. Wireless would rock.

BCD

Correction: the ATM is where you have to visit prior to the purchase:D

Very good stability reported by the Chigger in salt water. I'll wait for more feedback, but with the Racer series I do know a single frequency detector can hunt salt water if it is manufactured correctly.

I just preordered the ATMax. I like what I see and it's made in USA.. No I don't only buy USA products, but I do try to.. When available. Waterproof, wireless and all metal. I like

ATM seems like a solid machine. What is the range of its operational frequency? It says 13.6khz adjustable - but - to what?

If the frequency is adjustable, how will it work with current ATP coils? In theory, they should not. Since coil nulls are based upon the operating frequencies of the detector, will the null adjust itself to the operating frequency?

The true all metal mode is a great feature. All metal mode will offer you the greatest chance to hear a deep coin on edge.

Build in wireless is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom