My first Mercury!

UpStateMike

South New Berlin, NY. Basically the center of the
FullSizeRender.jpgBetween work and three kids 'moving up', time to go detecting has been tight. Getting some practice in around the lawn this morning while my wife went to workout. The day seemed similar to yesterday's lawn scan, a vintage Sprite twist top, a wire nail. Two zincolns. A rusty washer deeper than I should have dug. A nice beep near my row of big maples as I was thinking about calling it a day and lo and behold a 1936 pops out of the hole just as shiny as can be! Pretty nice shape exact for the knick I gave it. From my digging blade. I've gotten a couple of silver rosies and a rough buffalo but man these are pretty coins!

Congrats on your first Merc! I'm sure there will be more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the merc Mike !!!!

I agree it's a neat looking coin, I remember as a kid in the 1950's / 1960's you could still easily catch some in circulation in change from the store occasionally.

(I now wished would have saved them instead of spending them on comic books and candy, ect. or at least saved the comic books I bought :lol: )

Last edited:
Congrats! I just found my first Merc this spring and it was a thrill. Have found two more since then, hope you do too!

Nice Merc, one of my favorites. I still remember when and where I found my first. Guess it got me off to a good start, I found it after only detecting two days.

Back
Top Bottom