Ring return 33

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Once upon a time a great detectorist by the name of Itsaring found a cool Stainless Steel ring while metal detecting. This ring was well balanced and Itsaring quickly found it made for a great ring to spin on a table for entertainment. This ring brought Itsaring and Kapi hours of fun while consuming pizza at the local pizza joint. Who could spin the ring the longest? It was always Itsaring that won but Kapi never gave up trying to best her time.

Then one day after wearing the ring Itsaring realized during his daily activities that the ring had fallen off somewhere and was lost. Kapi and Itsaring cleaned out the car looking for it to no avail. In the house they moved furniture and checked all over but did not find the ring. They ran metal detectors over the yard near the vehicle without success. Itsaring did not leave the yard so the two knew it had to be somewhere close. They thought of posting on lostmystuff.net to get someone to come check the yard. Why? Because Itsaring's yard is JAM PACKED FULL of targets. Alas they chose not to do so and figured someday the ring might show up somewhere.

Lost for about a month they worried was the ring comfortable, did it have enough to eat, was it lonely... Then one day Kapi was pulling weeds in the yard when THERE IT WAS! As the root pulled away from the plant which was right up against the house that perfect circle revealed itself. The Ring! There she was, laying in her hiding spot, ready to return to the spinning table.

With great excitement Kapi picked up the ring, cleaned it off and went into the house. There she found Itsaring and she asked him to stand in front of her in the living room. Gazing into his eyes she said "Itsaring, we've been dating 10 months now and everything has been going so perfectly." She then got on one knee, took his hand and revealing the ring while placing it on his finger she asked "Itsaring, will you date me for at least another 10 months?" Itsaring quickly realized it was his lost ring and exclaimed, "YES!"

Ring return number 33

Attachments

• Ring Return 33.jpg
    Ring Return 33.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 314
:laughing::laughing: Oh Kap! Thanks for the tremendous giggle this am!

"Will you date me for at least another 10 months?" I'll have to try that on my Wife of 38yrs and see what she says! Second thought...probably should just quit while I'm ahead?...:laughing:

"Will you date me for at least another 10 months?" I'll have to try that on my Wife of 38yrs and see what she says! Second thought...probably should just quit while I'm ahead?...:laughing:

^^^^this!! ROFL !!!

^^^^this!! ROFL !!!

Right David? Is that Larry a cheap date or what? He said YES to a Stainless Steel ring? He shoulda held out for that massive 14k Nugget one she just found!

None of us Men woulda gotten away with this attempt! Kap certainly would not have accepted a SS ring if offered to HER!! Way too much class!

But hell, we are talking about Larry here....a girl probably coulda got him with a damned old Aluminum fence wire, or a bread bag twisty tie spray painted gold! Or a damned old chain made out of pulltabs...

Well, He is doing better than most Men in the Girl department, landing a prize like Kap and managing to keep her entertained...so for a guy living in a junkyard, maybe hes got something going for him afterall??

:laughing::laughing:.

Last edited:
If I got down on one knee my Girlfriend of over 55 years would say "Now lets see you get up you old fool">

You are good at stories..
I like it.

KEN :D

Aww Thanks Ken! I love writing and have the time to do it. I'd have more time too if I didn't blow up tanks on World Of Tanks online for hours when I'm not detecting!

nice return. I hope you got a reward.:laughing:

Would it be cheesy to say a great big hug was enough? :)

LOL Glad you liked it. I'd not recommend it with the Mrs!

^^^^this!! ROFL !!!

:D

Right David? Is that Larry a cheap date or what? He said YES to a Stainless Steel ring? He shoulda held out for that massive 14k Nugget one she just found!

Hey now don't give him any ideas!

None of us Men woulda gotten away with this attempt! Kap certainly would not have accepted a SS ring if offered to HER!! Way too much class!

Probably true!

But hell, we are talking about Larry here....a girl probably coulda got him with a damned old Aluminum fence wire, or a bread bag twisty tie spray painted gold! Or a damned old chain made out of pulltabs...

LOL You had Larry cracking up at that!

Well, He is doing better than most Men in the Girl department, landing a prize like Kap and managing to keep her entertained...so for a guy living in a junkyard, maybe hes got something going for him afterall??

Awww thanks Mud!

:laughing::laughing:.

If I got down on one knee my Girlfriend of over 55 years would say "Now lets see you get up you old fool">

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing:Hey, thanks for the laugh! That was funny!

Congrats on finding the lost ring!

Glad you liked it Bruin! :)

Good job Kap.

Thanks Dirtydog! All that time I was thinking I should have gone through the couple of BurgerKing bags I through out of his car. I really thought I'd accidentally thrown it away!

Good story Congrats!

Thanks Charlie :) Hope we remember that day for a lifetime!

lol, that's a great story! :)

Thanks X!

Once upon a time a great detectorist by the name of Itsaring found a cool Stainless Steel ring while metal detecting. This ring was well balanced and Itsaring quickly found it made for a great ring to spin on a table for entertainment. This ring brought Itsaring and Kapi hours of fun while consuming pizza at the local pizza joint. Who could spin the ring the longest? It was always Itsaring that won but Kapi never gave up trying to best her time.

Then one day after wearing the ring Itsaring realized during his daily activities that the ring had fallen off somewhere and was lost. Kapi and Itsaring cleaned out the car looking for it to no avail. In the house they moved furniture and checked all over but did not find the ring. They ran metal detectors over the yard near the vehicle without success. Itsaring did not leave the yard so the two knew it had to be somewhere close. They thought of posting on lostmystuff.net to get someone to come check the yard. Why? Because Itsaring's yard is JAM PACKED FULL of targets. Alas they chose not to do so and figured someday the ring might show up somewhere.

Lost for about a month they worried was the ring comfortable, did it have enough to eat, was it lonely... Then one day Kapi was pulling weeds in the yard when THERE IT WAS! As the root pulled away from the plant which was right up against the house that perfect circle revealed itself. The Ring! There she was, laying in her hiding spot, ready to return to the spinning table.

With great excitement Kapi picked up the ring, cleaned it off and went into the house. There she found Itsaring and she asked him to stand in front of her in the living room. Gazing into his eyes she said "Itsaring, we've been dating 10 months now and everything has been going so perfectly." She then got on one knee, took his hand and revealing the ring while placing it on his finger she asked "Itsaring, will you date me for at least another 10 months?" Itsaring quickly realized it was his lost ring and exclaimed, "YES!"

Ring return number 33

Apparently 10 months is the defacto "renegotiation point" in this relationship. Best be on the lookout!

Nice job Itsaring, for figuring out how to get someone to commit for another 10. :)

Back
Top Bottom