The New AT MAX Has Finally Arrived! There Are Some Great Improvements.

The frequency shift is only slight so you can work near others with same frequency. 13.6.2 then 13.6.3. I would imagine. All of the AT coils will work as per Garrett. But not sure on after market yet since those were already made for either ATPro or ATGold.

The frequency shift is only slight so you can work near others with same frequency. 13.6.2 then 13.6.3. I would imagine. All of the AT coils will work as per Garrett. But not sure on after market yet since those were already made for either ATPro or ATGold.

Ah, so it is more of a frequency offset than it is an adjustable frequency.

I only use mine water hunting which is 90% of what I do.

All I have seen only shows the ATM performance on land. I can buy the zlink adapter for the wireless headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the ATP guys out there. Is this enough of a change for you to dump your ATP and pick up the ATM? For me, not yet. but then again I don't live near salt and honestly 90% of my hunting is still modern junk.

BCD

Im not gonna get rid of the ATP , but it is like 4 years old and out of warranty , about time to start thinking about something different. When I do get another it just may be the max.

The salt water claim may be the same as any other VLF detector that allows enough adjustment to quiet it down....which results in it being useable but with very poor performance. I'll be keeping my eye out for user feedback for sure.

I'm really excited about the AT MAX. I just bought the AT Pro only 4 months ago and I've found $130+.

What I like about the AT max is the wireless which is $127 to upgrade for the AT Pro. Additionally the giant display screen and backlit. I'm always metal detecting at night using a head lamp and I have a hard time seeing the screen.

Also everytime I go to the beach, I get interference (Southern California). I ground balance it but it still goes a bit crazy. If it worked better at the beach, I'd love that.

My only concern now is my coil. I bought a Nel Snake for $130 for AT Pro. I wonder if it would work ok with the AT MAx.

The salt water claim may be the same as any other VLF detector that allows enough adjustment to quiet it down....which results in it being useable but with very poor performance. I'll be keeping my eye out for user feedback for sure.

Forgive my ignorance but I was under the impression the Turkish VLF's perform very well in salt water beaches - In fact many have stated that their performance in this environment is very good - Be great if the MAX can get similar depths - Ii looks good

Forgive my ignorance but I was under the impression the Turkish VLF's perform very well in salt water beaches - In fact many have stated that their performance in this environment is very good - Be great if the MAX can get similar depths - Ii looks good

I haven't seen those claims and I would imagine it's dependent on the definition of very good.

Dry sand whether on a freshwater or saltwater beach does not count when a claim is made about performance in salt.

John, Thank you for posting his thread.

We all like seeing these Garrett commercials.

Wireless is great and I like the larger VDI display along with the back lighting.

Who is going to be the first one of us to get The Max and do some field testing?

For starters, I'd like to see some test bed comparisons made to the current AT Gold and AT Pro.

Most of the new features speak for themselves and are the issues that we've all groaned about over the years. ;)

Last edited:
Watching......waiting for test results. The aforementioned ATP/ATG were too chatty and falsing to use on NE Florida beaches. Would love to see if the revisions help.

Last edited:
Tonight at 9pm EST

American Digger Magazine Relic Roundup web radio show with
Tonight's guest Steve Moore from Garrett talking about the AT Max and answering questions.

It's free ..If anyone is interested you can sign up and post questions & usually call in with questions or just listen in without signing up.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/admrr

If you miss it all of their shows are archived so you can listen to the recording at the same link under the "Episodes" section.

Last edited:
I haven't seen those claims and I would imagine it's dependent on the definition of very good.

Dry sand whether on a freshwater or saltwater beach does not count when a claim is made about performance in salt.

there are many posts from Makro/Nokta users stating clearly how well they perform on salty beaches - I am amazed that you have not read any - Which Makro/Nokta's have you tried on the beach?

there are many posts from Makro/Nokta users stating clearly how well they perform on salty beaches - I am amazed that you have not read any - Which Makro/Nokta's have you tried on the beach?

Please post a link of the best video (in your opinion) showing a Macro/Nokta punching through the sand in salt water so I can see please. I'm not talking about slightly wet sand and getting a few inches. My XP Dues can do that all day. I'm talking about respectable depth on small conductors that actually represent what a Beach Hunter would be searching for.

Back
Top Bottom