Coinstar Silver #11 Is A Big One

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Checked out a Coinstar machine on Saturday and came up with 4 pennies and a Kennedy half. Thought it was silver and when I turned it over to read the date it was in fact a 1964, my first ever SILVER half from Coinstar, and eleventh Coinstar silver coin this year.

Attachments

• Image (26).jpg
    Image (26).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
That is so cool ! Congratulations ! I've never gotten anything bigger than a silver quarter from a Coinstar . That must have blown your mind !

WOW that is a nice find. I am still looking. So far in 6 years I have found a lot of dirt and one clad dime. Folks in my area must be like me too stingy to use the machines. I use the one at a credit union where I am a member. No Charge.

Very nice diggin4clad. I got a ‘64 Kennedy half in a Coinstar earlier this year also. Never got a silver one while detecting.
See you at the MTHA Hunt on Saturday
Jim

Lucky. Not like a half dollar in a return tray is inconspicuous. It would stick out like a sore thumb.

That is so cool ! Congratulations ! I've never gotten anything bigger than a silver quarter from a Coinstar . That must have blown your mind !
Thanks, it definitely made my day

WOW that is a nice find. I am still looking. So far in 6 years I have found a lot of dirt and one clad dime. Folks in my area must be like me too stingy to use the machines. I use the one at a credit union where I am a member. No Charge.
i'm with you.....I NEVER use Coinstars and their 10% fee. My bank let's me use the machine for free.

Very nice diggin4clad. I got a ‘64 Kennedy half in a Coinstar earlier this year also. Never got a silver one while detecting.
See you at the MTHA Hunt on Saturday
Jim
Thanks Jim, I've only dug two silver halves in 36 years....A 40% 1968 Kennedy and a 1945 Walker.

Lucky. Not like a half dollar in a return tray is inconspicuous. It would stick out like a sore thumb.
Sure I was lucky...….and even though it "would stick out like a sore thumb" not everyone is gawking at Coinstar reject trays.

WOW :shock:, nice score !!!! …..I would keep checking that location on a regular basis !

In the coinstar we have in our local grocery store about 98% of the time I might find nothing or a Zincoln or a few Zincolns, very very occasionally I might find coins other than Zincolns, of course I usually only get to check it once a week when I go grocery shopping so it's not like I make a special trip just for that, so if I find anything it's a bonus ! :lol:

Now Aint that a B? :laughing: This D4C guy pulls a Silver Ken out of the CS reject tray? Not a Minelab in sight! What a kick to the pills! He's pulled more silver out of the CS reject tray than I have out of the dirt!

Well, I guess it was masked by the pennies though? Life is all about Timing! :laughing:

man that is a honker silver

I have only found 4 silver dimes and one silver quarter in coin star.

Last week the reject hopper had 2.87 in clad. Thanks coinstar.

I love the noise the machine makes and most people don't hear the rejects.

Now Aint that a B? :laughing: This D4C guy pulls a Silver Ken out of the CS reject tray? Not a Minelab in sight! What a kick to the pills! He's pulled more silver out of the CS reject tray than I have out of the dirt!

Well, I guess it was masked by the pennies though? Life is all about Timing! :laughing:

I've also pulled more silver out of Coinstar than digging this year.

Coinstar 11:gettinmoney: Digging 2:digginahole:

Reports like this are mind-boggling to me. :?: I consistently see nothing in the reject tray, and it only makes sense. I wonder though: Does that machine get much use? I don't spend much time there, but have never seen anyone use a Coinstar. Also, do the supposedly few people who do use it, actually use the common sense to check the tray? My other thought is some of the Walmart employees are often in a position to see and hear when the Coinstar is in use, and swoop in like vultures ASAP. If one employee scores, and word gets out, it would be GAME ON for the employees, and GAME OVER for the average Foragist off the street, hoping to score.

Anyway, huge congrats on the big silver...and the big number of silvers so far!

Very, very few folks use cash money today, Kids have no use for it! It’s not a common occurrence to see someone use Coinstar, and it’s kind of mysterious when it does happen.
So, when someone does dump a coin jar, they have no idea what to do with coins, they want credit, or paper! They wouldn’t know what to do with the leftover coins, let alone “foreign” silver coins - :lol:

Congrats on the whopping silver half D4clad -

WOW :shock:, nice score !!!! …..I would keep checking that location on a regular basis ! This is a regular stop on my Coinstar rounds....

In the coinstar we have in our local grocery store about 98% of the time I might find nothing or a Zincoln or a few Zincolns, very very occasionally I might find coins other than Zincolns, of course I usually only get to check it once a week when I go grocery shopping so it's not like I make a special trip just for that, so if I find anything it's a bonus ! :lol:
I'm fortunate that my part time job gets me into 12-15 places each week that have Coinstars so I check them a lot without going out of my way.

Nice score!!! Congrats
Thanks

woo hoo!!!
Thanks

I have only found 4 silver dimes and one silver quarter in coin star.

Last week the reject hopper had 2.87 in clad. Thanks coinstar.

I love the noise the machine makes and most people don't hear the rejects.
You're doing well....

Reports like this are mind-boggling to me. :?: I consistently see nothing in the reject tray, and it only makes sense. I wonder though: Does that machine get much use? I don't spend much time there, but have never seen anyone use a Coinstar. Also, do the supposedly few people who do use it, actually use the common sense to check the tray? My other thought is some of the Walmart employees are often in a position to see and hear when the Coinstar is in use, and swoop in like vultures ASAP. If one employee scores, and word gets out, it would be GAME ON for the employees, and GAME OVER for the average Foragist off the street, hoping to score.

Anyway, huge congrats on the big silver...and the big number of silvers so far!
I see people using the Coinstars often and I wonder why they don't take coins to a bank where they can possibly pay no fee. I don't think the Walmart or any other employees are clued in to the Coinstars

Very, very few folks use cash money today, Kids have no use for it! It’s not a common occurrence to see someone use Coinstar, and it’s kind of mysterious when it does happen.
So, when someone does dump a coin jar, they have no idea what to do with coins, they want credit, or paper! They wouldn’t know what to do with the leftover coins, let alone “foreign” silver coins - :lol:

Congrats on the whopping silver half D4clad -
Thank You

Back
Top Bottom