Attachments

• 1896 h sarawak half cent obv SM.jpg
    1896 h sarawak half cent obv SM.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 695
  • 1896 h sarawak half cent rev SM.jpg
    1896 h sarawak half cent rev SM.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 648
i would question its authenticity

How come? Looks like any other image of the coin. Having a bunch of friends living in Malaysia I recognized it immediately and have read a lot about the "White Rajas". The British and Dutch colonialism in Indonesia, Malaysia and Borneo is a very interesting subject.

Awesome coin, I'd think anything connected to the White Rajas is significant to some extent... great addition to you collection :waytogo:

Maybe to put price in perspective, a early 1900s Sarawak 1/2 of the same design more or less, in VF condition you might get $7-8 out of it... yours, I wouldn't put it much more than that if at all. Doesn't appear to be too much wear, and I don't really have anything to compare it to.

The price is totally subjective though, remember that.

where did you get this coin? i would question its authenticity

I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of this coin, seems like a bad candidate to fake.
Why would you?
Do you think they were faked for numismatic reasons or counterfeited for commerce?

well damn sorry i tried to help but wow people no need to make fun of me ... i thought this was friendly place ? i see on a lots of coin forums people post rare coins that they just bought for a great price and they are fake .. once again sorry for trying to help...

well damn sorry i tried to help but wow people no need to make fun of me ... i thought this was friendly place ? i see on a lots of coin forums people post rare coins that they just bought for a great price and they are fake .. once again sorry for trying to help...

I was not making fun of you, but to the contrary trying to tap your knowledge bank. I was hoping you would know why this coin would be duplicated.

well i kinda jumped to a conclusion when i saw the mintage number so i assumed it was a valuable coin (which is not always the case) ... i'm not 100% sure someone would fake this but hell they fake pcgs holders and that can't be easy. oh and at first glance it just looked off when comparing it to other coins of the exact type and the black toning looked like someone tried to hide something but this could possibly be just me being paranoid since i've bought my fair share of fake coins :S

well i kinda jumped to a conclusion when i saw the mintage number so i assumed it was a valuable coin (which is not always the case) ... i'm not 100% sure someone would fake this but hell they fake pcgs holders and that can't be easy. oh and at first glance it just looked off when comparing it to other coins of the exact type and the black toning looked like someone tried to hide something but this could possibly be just me being paranoid since i've bought my fair share of fake coins :S

Knowledge is crucial if you are going to collect. You are correct that a lot of different coins are faked. But lower valued coins really are not. And people are putting fake coins in PCGS holders. BUT, if you know what you are looking at you should be able to spot the fakes. I know and have dealt with Jody007 for a while and he knows his stuff. Don't think he is a candidate for getting scammed. But thanks for the help. If you have questions about a coin, always get a second opinion. WOLF

I nabbed the ones in this section from a cohort. The earrings from a coin dealer friend.
l picked up a Philipines WWll coin for you.

Stop spoiling me. I got a package coming with a little something in it for you brother. Course I wont have it until I get home from S.D. WOLF

Looking For A MD Friends At Kuching,Sarawak

hi friend.. I'm new to metal detector too.. are u still active hunting?? I had my ace350 last year.. still no luck in hunting the BIG Goods.. hehhe... By the way, I'm staying at Kuching anyone of you too?? I would like to find some friends to go out hunting.. No friends show much interest in MD. I really like to have some here at Sarawak. my hp no. is 0137496161. do call if u need some friend to go hunting at Sarawak.. TQ

Here it ishttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Sarawak-1896-H-Half-Cent-High-Grade-XF-Coin-/160868487826?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item2574825292&nma=true&si=CPf6TM9E%2BhyakOfCLOvwmP3Lvbo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Don't know anything about the coin but the guy on it looks like a well-groomed bare-knuckle boxer!

Krause manual lists this as KM-5 mintage of 327,000 with the following values: F=$14, VF=$28, XF=$84. WOLF

Back
Top Bottom