I'm addicted and new

Gransrism

Forum Supporter
Hi Everyone;

I got my MD about 2 months ago. Have always wanted one and decided to give it a try. I have a Bounty Hunter Tracker II. I am sure it is far cry from the top of the line, but so far I am happy. You guys are great. I have learned so much reading your thoughts. I am looking forward to alot of hunting. So far I have hunted some in our yard, however last year we did some major roof contruction so I get aluminum and nails often. Actually we live on a farm, so I will probably venture farther out in the future. Presently I have been searching tot lots at school, parks and neighborhoods. I have found quite alot of change, but nothing old and some kid jewelry. I did find a couple pewter Disney characters and a gold Mom ring. Pretty exciting.

Got a question. I live in Ky by the way and my name is Debbie. Anyway. We will be going to Erie Pa, Presque Isle, does any one know if there are any restrictions up there on the beaches, or am I free to roam. Never been to any beach and am excited to give it a try.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Thanks again for your insight
Deb

Don't put down your Bounty Hunter, I kick a$$ with my Discovery! Welcome to the hobby and good luck!

Welcome to the 'addiction'

Deb,
Welcome to the "addiction".

Personally, I would rather be 'addicted' to metal detecting/treasure hunting than alot of other activities I can think of!

Welcome to forum.

Dusty Eagle

Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum and this great hobby.

Presque Isle looks like a fun place to go, and yes, as Craig says, it's looks like you need permission to do just about anything in that park that is unusual.

Even though it's not specifically mentioned in the State Park rules, I'll bet they toss it into the category of Miscellaneous.

Here's a link, but it's a PDF

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findinfo/newrulesregs.pdf

I'll bet there is no problem getting permission in the "off season."

If you can't do detecting, why not try some geocaching? I'll bet there's alot of caches in that park.

I checked out the links that were left me about Pa parks and found a # and called. They said I could MD as long as it was unguarded ( no life quard was on duty).Sounds like a plan, I would go early anyway. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom