So, what's on your MD "Bucket List"?

CrazyDiamond

I'm amazed at the things people here pull out of the ground and out of the water. For that matter, I'm really surprised at the neat places people here have hunted. So, I'm curious about what is on everyone's metal detecting "bucket list". So, what's on your list for things to find? Where are some places you really want to hunt someday? What have you already crossed off your bucket list?

I'll start:

Bucket List for Places: Gettysburg (vicinity), Point du Hac/Normandy (France), Bastogne (Belgium), various WWII locations in Germany / Austria.
Bucket List for finds: firearm, sword, bayonet, dog-license tag, skeleton key, the usual gold and silver coins (US and colonial), British colonial coins, CW bullets and buckles (Union and confederate)

One gold coin would be good, especially medieval. Also a hoard of coins from pre- 1800's. The first request is a possibility even though I have not found one in 25 years detecting. The second is just a dream, but dreams sometimes come true!:chaplin:

Almost 40 years of detecting and some 30 silver halves and still no silver dollar.

Also, I've never found a flying eagle. Large Cents, II & III Cents, 1860's nickles and Indians but no Flying Eagle.

More than 20 years of detecting and I still haven't found any of the following coins:

*Flying Eagle cent
*2 cent piece
*3 cent piece
*Any draped/capped bust coins
*Seated Liberty dollars and half dollars
*Peace dollar

What have you already crossed off your bucket list?

Lets see....

Pennies
US Large Cent ✓
Indian Head ✓
Lincoln/Wheat ✓

Nickels
Shield ✓
V ✓
Buffalo ✓
Jefferson ✓

Silver Half Dimes
Seated Liberty ✓

Silver Dimes
Seated Liberty ✓
Barber ✓
Merc ✓
Rosie ✓

Silver Quarters
Seated Liberty ✓
Barber ✓
Standing Liberty ✓
Washington ✓

Silver Halves
Barber ✓
Walking Liberty ✓
Franklin ✓
Kennedy ✓

Silver Dollars
Morgan ✓

Gold Coins
$20 Double Eagle ✓

Gold Rings
Mens ✓
Womens ✓

Civil War Relics
Confederate Button ✓
Union Button ✓
Confederate Buckle ✓

Well I already found lots of gold, silver,and platinum, I have found a gold coin, 5 key date coins, 100lb WW1 bomb, 357 magnum, 22 deringer, all kinds of antiques.

I guess my main goal is to find a machine gun or a cannon. In one lake I hunt there is suposedly TWO sidewinder missles. One of those would be awesome also.

the only coins I have crossed off my bucket list are MNercury Dime, silver rosie, war nickel and wheat penny. I have found 1 gold ring, a few silver ones, and a Mexican 50 Centavo from 1956. Other than those few items I have yet to find any kind of goodies. But I am young (relatively speaking), and have lots of springs and summers ahead of me to find that other good stuff.

My Bucket List:

Finds:

18ga UMC shotshell head

Anything that can be positively tied to the American West (black powder revolver, lawman's badge, "Well's Fargo" anything, etc.

Any fur trade era relics

Places:

Any fur trade post

I have a specific Civil War Union camp about 20 minutes from my house that I am researching. If I can find it, I would LOVE to hunt it.

Any "outlaw" hang out from the "Old West"

Bucket List Wants:

Stand Liberty Quarter w/ or w/out date
ANY SILVER HALF DOLLAR
ANY SEATED Silver Coin
ANY SILVER dollar (have two or three modern dollars)

Bucket List Finds*

2 Indian Head Pennies (1889 and 1897)
2 V Nickels (1901 and 1903)
1 Buffalo Nickel (1935)
2 Barber Dimes (1904 and 1916)
6 Mercury Dimes (oldest 1919S)
12 Roosevelt Dimes (oldest 1946)
3 George Washington Quarters (1939S, 1963, 1964)

* All were found last year and this year (and I've been detecting off and on since 1999!)

Well, aside from modern clad and 1 silver rosie and 1 silver Balboa 1/4, I would have to say any other coin that I haven't found! Those guys in the eastern states do not realize how easy they have it! I bet if they had hunted here the last three years they would have quit already!

Besides for of course a gold coin the only thing I haven't found on my list is a confederate belt plate, which I plan on finding this fall...

Just 1 ITTY, Bitty, BIG A@% chunk of GOLD, so I can retire.

Then do a little traveling & do some M/D with a few people from the Forum.

Hold a Certified Scientific Test to prove once and for all which detector is the BEST!!

1. Barber Quarter
2. 1853 Seated Half
3 . 1853 Half Dime
1- CS buckle

Best Silver coins I have found so for 2-1903 Barber dimes and 1 Barber Half I need the Barber quarter to complete the set

Mercy....I'm so far removed from all of your finds. I've only been at it 2 years but have gone out quite a bit.

My Bucket Finds: Rolling Block Rifle (that's the best guess anyway), a 3 ring mini ball, axe head, 2 gold and 1 silver ring.

My Bucket List: A silver coin! Any will do. $164 in clad and still no silver :(, A flat button, a horse shoe, musket ball, a marked class ring or other jewelry that I can return to the original owner.

well.... ive found many good rings, but i would like to find a ring my wife could wear and really like. Or a cool ring i could wear-- then again who doesnt want tofind a gold coin!! i think thats every persons "closet-goal"

Back
Top Bottom