US Pin

MrSirReal

Found this last weekend. Can anybody help identify it for me? Thanks.

Attachments

• us_pin.jpg
    us_pin.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 514
Standard military issue..WW2 era maybe..possibly earlier..A pic of the back might clinch it.

Dang, that looks familiar:

US%20button%20front.jpg
US%20button%20back.jpg

Dug mine in an elementary school lawn a few years back. Unfortunately I can't provide you with any additional info other than what Showmethesilver noted above, but I'm interested in reading replies to your post. Nice going SirReal!

Better Half was in the Army in the 1970's, and he says this brass pin was standard issue. He wore it on the collar of his dress uniform.

emdees

They (we) also had a 3-piece lapel brass; the "U.S." being one piece, a round "background" with a square hole to lock it from spinning, and the "screw-on piece" that screwed onto the US piece.
They also had different colored rings that surrounded the background brass... signifying what outfit you were with. Baby blue was Infantry. Mine was Red for Engineers. Can't remember the others. When you reach 60, after doing time in a forgotten war, "oldtimer's" seeps in. We also wore scarves & right-arm braids that matched the color of the brass coronas.

That one you found is the US & background molded together, right? Those were the "quickies" you could buy in the PX when you needed polished brass in a hurry... or if you were simply lazy.

We found one on an old beach. Your front is similar to ours, but ours has an outside ridge, no periods, and the back is flat and solid, not hollowed out.

You can see it in this picture.

oldbuttons_decorative.jpg

Might be worth singling that US badge/button thingy out for further inspection Carol K , ive been looking at old civil war era badges and buttons and so on , they didnt use the periods either.Indian wars army didnt either as far as i can see , ive a feeling its from around then.Hopefully an expert will be along eh ?

When you reach 60, after doing time in a forgotten war, "oldtimer's" seeps in.

Krom and all of the other Viet Nam vets out there. You are not forgotton by everyone and I for one apprecite the service and sacrifices you all made for our country. Politics lost that war, not the Armed Forces. I salute you all and have the deepest respect for you and what you did.

Thanks, FXDiz. I salute you right back... followed by a teary hug.
Jus' wish a millionth of the population had an inkling.
Semper Fi, man! :cool:

Might be worth singling that US badge/button thingy out for further inspection Carol K

Okay I dug it out and took pictures. :D

It's just a little bit bigger than a quarter. The back has an indentation in the center.

usbutton.jpg usbutton-back.jpg

Wow...! Never seen one like that, Carol. That might be a keeper. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom