New member from north Alabama

debaroo

Hi everyone, just want to introduce myself. I'm Debbie and I'm up near the Tennessee line in Alabama. I'm VERY new to metal detecting, in fact, I'm still very confused about how to operate the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger that I have just acquired. I have blundered into getting it to work a few times and found lots of rusty nails and a rusty large hook that I have no idea what was used for....and the top of a 55-gallon drum, among other random stuff that I can't identify! :) Sometimes I get signals and I dig and there's nothing there...and I sweep the area again and the beep has moved several inches away...so I dig again and nothing....sweep again, and its moved again. Whats up with that? ha, lots of questions 'cos I'm not so sure what I'm doing :)
Does anybody know of a good resource for learning to use my metal detector? I have just found the manual for it online but it hasn't been very helpful so far. A brief lesson on it would be great--do I need to call the manufacturer? How did you guys learn?

BTW, my daughter lives in a 118 year old house, and a bayonet from a German WW1 rifle was found (from 1918 or so) in her back yard by accident when someone was just digging holes for fence posts. Since there have been people living in that house for 118 years, I'm really excited to see what other cool stuff might be there!

So, HI from Alabama! Hope to get to know some of you!

Hi Debaroo. I also have a new detector same brand. I found some helpful videos on YouTube by searching the name Bounty Hunter Land Ranger. Discusses setting and shows field use. Maybe we can learn from each other. Let me know of you have trouble finding the videos and I'll dig them up. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome from N FL! I have found YouTube to be a good resource for knowledge. You have definitely found the right place here for guidance as well, there are a lot of seasoned MD'ers here.

Welcome Debbie. I just drove through Huntsville yesterday from Chattanooga on my way back to Tupelo. Wish we lived closer to each other. Watch lots of videos. Read as much as you can find on your detector and if you are digging and you can't find anything you need a pinpointer.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

As another member said, you can search youtube for videos on your model, here is one to get you started -

Mine isn't the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro--its just the BH Land Ranger. May be ancient for all I know! So I can't find any videos on it on Youtube. :(
picture.php

Mine isn't a Pro. I'm going to try to post a pic, but I'm new at this. Mine is just BH Land Ranger and it doesn't look anything like this one.

Welcome from Fl. I grew up in Huntsville, Grissom High School class of 87.

You have some great spots around that area. Happy Hunting!!!

YES! Thanks! Thats my detector!

I'm not familiar with that model myself, but I'm sure there are likely other members familiar with the "Bounty Hunter Land Ranger" (not the Pro version).

So if you ask any questions, be sure to note that it's not the "Pro" version, so you get accurate answers to your questions.

Out hunting yesterday. So I will answer you today. I watched a lot of videos and did a lot of reading. I bought a Whites TRX and I think it is a great pinpointer

Back
Top Bottom