First CT dig in about a year... Hunting with Captain Silver

Silver Bandit

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone. Been a long year without much detecting. Glad to be up in CT for the holidays. Hit an old park today with the Captain and we both brought home keepers. I came home with a couple bucks of clad quarters, 7 deep old wheats, and a salt water stained 1935 merc. Only #3 for the year but it counts! On to the next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
154401b94a9eebcb80bf3a73beaa9d72.jpg

So the looting has begun. Congrats Jason on making the trip North and getting back out with the Captain. I hope this is only a start for a great pillage for you both. I'm looking forward to the posts. Trapper

Congrads on the find, I haven found any keeps yet, I way to new, but love the hobby.

Don't want to sound out of line or go against any form of ethics, but like I said very newbee and if I am out of line, just tell me and I'll understand and I apologize ahead.

My question is; is it ok to ask other diggers where they do their detecting when they find keepers?

Point being, this CT hunt turned up some keepers and living in CT, would like to try that area, if I'm in the area, but don't want to step on anyone's toes or ask the wrong questions.
:hornetsnest:

Congrads on the find, I haven found any keeps yet, I way to new, but love the hobby.

Don't want to sound out of line or go against any form of ethics, but like I said very newbee and if I am out of line, just tell me and I'll understand and I apologize ahead.

My question is; is it ok to ask other diggers where they do their detecting when they find keepers?

Point being, this CT hunt turned up some keepers and living in CT, would like to try that area, if I'm in the area, but don't want to step on anyone's toes or ask the wrong questions.

So your not officially out of line, and your not crossing any legal lines. but it's like fishing spot or hunting grounds, and when someone puts a lot of time into researching a site, you have to understand they might not be interested it turning it over to others until they feel they found all they thought they would find.

So while it's ok to ask, be prepared to be ignored, teased and perhaps led on a wild goose chase.

You don't use a claw hammer to retrieve targets do you? Lol

Back
Top Bottom