OK people! How far south is it frozen??

IDXMonster

Elite Member
I'm in southern WI,frozen solid here. How far south do I have to go to get to some digging? Don't worry,I'll bring my crappy machine...:lol:

Don't know how far south its frozen, but its frozen solid here in Boise, Idaho! Darn, last winter we only had frozen ground for 2 weeks, but this winter I might as well be in Alaska......like I was for 45 years......lol

Cold and starting to freeze up in mid east Ohio. Not solid yet but getting there. Hope to have another hunt or to before I head south to Cancun.

SW Ohio, surface froze but still easy enough to get through. Not sure for how much longer though.

I went out Sunday in central New York and in was a little frosty. We've had a couple days of sub-zero since then, but it's supposed to be in the high 30s Wednesday until Saturday. Hoping to get some digging in under the trees like Sunday. We'll see. Just when I found a hot spot too, haha.

Ground 'never' freezes here, but the air was 21 degrees yesterday morning, so no digging for me for a few days. HH & GL

Ground usually freezes and then thaws off and on throughout the winter here in eastern Maryland.

it was 86 here yesterday, how close is that to the term "Frozen solid"?

it got down to 77 today, almost had to put on my long johns. That HAS to be close.

Back
Top Bottom