Midwest Historical Research Society - Chicago Club

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
I was sent this information:

New meeting information for the Midwest Historical Research Society.

The Chicago club has moved.
Hi my name is Ron Guinazzo.

I am the President of the Midwest Historical Research Society. The metal detecting club in Chicago. The club currently has about 100 members.

We have Find of the Month Competition for members, Scheduled programs, detector talk and raffles at the monthly meetings. Usually 10 Silver dollars and a gold coin!

We have club functions throughout the year, including a planted beach hunt in May, a picnic in June, a big hunt in Sept and a Christmas party in Dec.

Annual Dues are 25.00 for single members, 45.00 for couple and 15.00 for junior members 8-16 years old.

There is a 15.00 initiation fee. We are currently one of the last clubs in the country that doesn't charge fees to members for our planted hunts.

Our Meeting are held the 4th Sunday of the month at 12 noon.

St Albans Church

6240 N. Avondale

Chicago, IL

http://www.mhrsdetecting.com

That amazes me that there is a MD club in Chicago.That would be over a 5 hour trip one way for me to attend there meetings.There are a few clubs here in Michigan, the closest would be about a 2 hr drive one way for me.

I wouldn't mind attending a couple of meetings, but thats about 1 1/2 hours of driving...on a Sunday. I don't like going into "The City" anymore than I have to.
Thanks for the heads up Carol !

I attended my first meeting in January as a visitor. Thank you for making me feel welcome. A lot of the members were happy to answer the few questions that I had. I will be buying my first detecror from Ron come March. Since then I have been doing some homework on detecting. Between that and the help from the club I believe Ill be well on my way to find the lost treasure of Ali Baba. :D.
John

Back
Top Bottom