First Bottle with mystery cap

Gander

Elite Member
I was at an old Navy park, where they used to use to store munitions. A couple of years ago, they came in with mine sweepers and cleaned up the park. I thought I would see just if anything was there. Not a thing, every where I went, dead quiet, it was eerie. With all the bunkers, not even a pull tab.

Well on the way out to the parking lot, I was M/ding around the edge of the road where the ground sluffs away, and came across a good beep. And unearthed a brown bottle with a cap still on it and a little liquid inside.
:wow: Thinking I finally found one of those antique bottles. Took it home and washed it off, and scraped off some rust from the cap. Using my lighted magnifying glass, the top had these letters visible... iend ( first line) IIST (second line) and CAI (on third line). I thought to myself, this could be cool. Then I stood back and took a more grander look.
Duhh, there went my balloon, the last two lines said.... TWIST CAP.
:(
And printed on the bottle "Please Recycle".

Good thing about all this, I stopped by the tot-lot which has sand around all the play equipment, and came upon a beep. Couldn't find anything, but this old man, with his sleeping bag asked me if I had a lighter. I don't smoke I told him, but today was his lucky day, I just happened to have a lighter with me. I gave it to him, he said he would pay for it. I said nahh just keep it, he wouldn't take a no, and gave me a dollar for it. So I guess working the tot-lot sort of paid off today.

Wow. The gentleman between residences has more manners than most folks.
Reminds me to count my blessings.

Back
Top Bottom