Vandals dug up graves dating to Revolutionary War, Civil War & WW1

nostalgia083

Edit: Note, this happened in 2013. I guess it came up on my feed because of the recent unrest over Confederate monuments.

One of the graves is of a 14-month-old girl. Some of the soldier's clothing strewn on the ground had the buttons removed.

"Caretakers of one of Georgia’s oldest cemeteries say the scene was heart-breaking: A toddler’s bones were spilled on the ground. The uniform buried with a soldier in another plot was strewn on the ground.

Now, a reward of more than $2,000 is being offered for information on the desecration at the Old Church Cemetery, which dates to 1758 in the east Georgia countryside near Waynesboro.

Clothing buried with a soldier was removed, leaving his bones exposed, Burke County sheriff’s Sgt. Sean Cochran said. "

More at the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...diers-child-dug-spilled-Georgia-cemetery.html

Last edited:
Those people should be found, tried and hung in front of the cemetery as a warning to other scum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the above mentioned vandalism happened back in 2013 and responsible individuals were caught.

I believe the above-mentioned vandalism happened back in 2013 and responsible individuals were caught.

Ah yes, I see it is from 2013. In any case, given the unrest in our nation being stirred by idiots over the Confederate monuments, I wouldn't be surprised if one of these traitors would try something like this.

That's honestly pretty disgusting. Who could have the stomach to dig up a human skeleton? Heck, if I dug up a dog or cat buried in a box I would be freaked out. The disrespect in this case is unbelievable.

On top of that, what did the thieves think they were gonna find in the graves? Gold, silver, diamonds??? A pistol worth thousands??? The fact that these idiots stole the buttons from a coat gives me the idea they literally have no idea what anything was worth. Even if they were CW or Rev buttons their value isn't that much in almost all cases. Idiots.

Back
Top Bottom